Gransnet forums

AIBU

Australian cricketers

(21 Posts)
sodapop Thu 29-Mar-18 19:23:45

Am I alone in feeling distinctly underwhelmed by the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the cheats who have been exposed.
It feels like crocodile tears because they were found out not real remorse.

Anniebach Thu 29-Mar-18 19:26:35

I too thought the crying was really overdone and how was his cheating a mistake?

maryeliza54 Thu 29-Mar-18 19:32:48

Absolutely- pathetic. Grow up and take your punishment - not only are you a disgraceful cheat you are a bully who used a junior player to do your dirty work.

janeainsworth Thu 29-Mar-18 19:47:07

Yes, pathetic.
It reminds me of that book ‘Real Men Don’t Eat Quiche’.

Real people don’t cheat in the first place, if they’ve done something stupid and dishonest they own up to it without behaving like cry-babies.
Pass the sick-bag angry

Jalima1108 Thu 29-Mar-18 19:52:48

I can't believe I am hearing about Australian males - weeping and gnashing away.

I know the Australians like winning - but not by cheating.

Disgraceful and pathetic.

PamelaJ1 Thu 29-Mar-18 19:57:46

My ❣️For them, poor little boys.
As if?

maryeliza54 Thu 29-Mar-18 20:07:25

All that lost sponsorship - I suppose it would make you weep wouldn’t it?

gummybears Thu 29-Mar-18 20:37:35

The photo of Steve Smith that the Guardian was using on its article earlier today made me burst out laughing. Clearly the photographer was not sympathetic...

Can be seen here too

www.newindianexpress.com/sport/cricket/2018/mar/29/tearful-steve-smith-takes-full-responsibility-for-ball-tampering-scandal-1794276.html

mostlyharmless Thu 29-Mar-18 21:18:08

Does it really warrant all the airtime that it’s being given? Every news programme for the last few days!

Parsleywin Thu 29-Mar-18 21:39:28

It seems unlikely that they were clocked on the very first time they "bent the rules". So how long has it been going on??

Mapleleaf Thu 29-Mar-18 22:03:40

No sympathy here! They cheated. They got caught. Oh, dear me!! They can just switch off their crocodile tears and face up to the fact that they did wrong and were found out and have to face the consequences.

Blencathra Thu 29-Mar-18 22:16:34

I have just switched them off- couldn't stand it- if you cheat you take thè consequences.

merlotgran Thu 29-Mar-18 22:16:53

I think I'd have had more respect for him if he'd grinned all over his face and said, 'Well I got caught so that's a bummer. Sorry, folks!'

The crying was almost as shameful as the cheating. Grow up you big wuss.

MargaretX Thu 29-Mar-18 23:31:35

I was disgusted, crying about hurting his Mum. He knew he was cheating and I think he should heve been banned from professional cricket for -at least 5 years.

MissAdventure Thu 29-Mar-18 23:34:46

My mum would have "given me something to cry about" if I were him.

Menopaws Fri 30-Mar-18 00:36:05

So so stupid, not worth the risk at all and now his career and reputation gone to hell, fine example of a captain and vice captain

BlueBelle Fri 30-Mar-18 06:56:46

Tears usually move me, these ones made me cross I wanted to tell them to grow up, stupid cheaters haven’t even the bxxxs to say sorry without false blabbing, do they really think that we are taking in by them

Oldwoman70 Fri 30-Mar-18 07:38:29

This wasn't something done on the spur of the moment but planned over lunch! The tears are because they were caught, I wonder if they had got away with it whether his conscience would have made him admit it or would he have laughed about it and then do it again.

Anniebach Fri 30-Mar-18 09:14:34

What gets me is crying for the hurt to his family, he was hurting them when he did the cheating, that was the betrayal , being caught hurt him

Jalima1108 Fri 30-Mar-18 09:39:45

He's crying because he got caught!

As they say in Australia - 'What a wuss'

I think he should heve been banned from professional cricket for -at least 5 years.
At least MargaretX

maryeliza54 Fri 30-Mar-18 09:50:40

The Australian team has a dreadful reputation for its beviour in general on the field - they are past masters at the art of sledging which usually includes incredibly disgraceful comments about the WAGs of the opposing team. It would be good if this latest issue forced a change of behaviour but I won’t hold my breath. I couldn’t possibly cry for the hurt to his family.