Gransnet forums

AIBU

Theresa

(28 Posts)
Mycatisahacker Wed 21-Nov-18 23:54:26

Have read so many FB twitter and RL comments concerning has Theresa May got balls if so why doesn’t she use them with her own party/Europe.

Theresa and every woman doesn’t need balls thanks they have ovaries and uteruses

This mysogynistic talk makes me very cross. I never voted Tory but for the love of god the woman is to be admired alongside all the male weasels carping with no
Plan.

Jacob Jeremy vince deplorable old blokes.

Jalima1108 Fri 23-Nov-18 16:38:03

Jacob Jeremy vince deplorable old blokes.
I think that Jacob is only 49 so is young to me.

It's just that he seems about 85.

Mapleleaf Fri 23-Nov-18 16:36:03

What do you mean, “mans world”? What on earth was the votes for women and equal rights all about if we still have people using this phrase? Politics is not a mans world!

Iam64 Thu 22-Nov-18 20:59:01

Yvette Cooper didn’t take her husbands name when they married.
The suggestion that people walking into work would chuckle at the idea Esther McVei and others are men in drag confirms the mysoginy at the heart of granddads comments on this thread. I am definitely not a fan of Esther or any of the brexiteers who continue to work at further destabilising negotiations.

Jalima1108 Thu 22-Nov-18 19:56:28

She's definitely a woman with Balls!!

Anniebach Thu 22-Nov-18 18:54:30

Yvette was Yvette Cooper MP before she married Ed

GrannyGravy13 Thu 22-Nov-18 18:41:02

I thought she had kept her maiden name for work?

Alima Thu 22-Nov-18 18:33:17

Yvette Balls?

GrannyGravy13 Thu 22-Nov-18 18:24:45

I am not a Labour voter, but would give Yvette Cooper a go as PM

Jalima1108 Thu 22-Nov-18 17:57:46

Where's Ed (Balls) when you need him?

Oh, went waltzing off into the sunset …..

sodapop Thu 22-Nov-18 17:52:54

No Alima Loose Women constantly denigrate men on their 'show' if the boot was on the other foot there would be an outcry.

gillybob Thu 22-Nov-18 15:56:33

If nothing else TM has learned who her enemies were/are

and I would like to see any of them backstabbers do a better job EllanVannin Not likely.

stree Thu 22-Nov-18 15:54:18

Only problem being that she is a remainer, and acting as such.

EllanVannin Thu 22-Nov-18 12:04:29

If nothing else TM has learned who her enemies were/are.

lemongrove Thu 22-Nov-18 11:57:19

I expect all on this thread will wait with bated breath grin

Grandad1943 Thu 22-Nov-18 10:56:17

Alima, many thanks for your apology as it was reference to the "BLOKES AROUND HER" that I found unacceptable. We had a chuckle while walking into work this morning thinking that Esther McVey and Co must be male MPs continuously running round in "drag."

In the office today, but will expand my thoughts in regard to the sexism on this forum further if I get finished early enough.

Again many thanks Alima.

Alima Thu 22-Nov-18 10:12:21

Think Grandad is a bit miffed that I mentioned all the blokes around her. He rightly pointed out that there are women around her too so my comment was biased against the men with balls. Apologies Grandad. (Why am I thinking of the phrase ‘bundle of fun?” Not. Never seen Loose Women. Is Theresa on that?

Mycatisahacker Thu 22-Nov-18 10:05:14

Don’t be silly Grandad I know of course there are women back stabbing her too but the term having balls is very mysogynistic and unpleasant.

As regards loose women I have watched it once during the Roxanne pallet debarcle and she was quite rightly torn to shreds. I can’t see a anti male bias there.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 22-Nov-18 08:58:08

Obviously there is no one else in the Conservative Party stronger or brave enough to want the "top job".

Lots of noise from her in house opponents but not enough letters arrived to give rise to a vote of no confidence. The reason being nobody wants to be in her shoes!!!

Anniebach Thu 22-Nov-18 08:44:41

I take it to mean men are brave and strong and tough, women are not.

eazybee Thu 22-Nov-18 08:44:24

Theresa May is a woman in a man's world, and unfortunately she is attempting to behave like one.
I wonder if things would have been different if negotiations had been conducted between her and Angela Merkel?

sodapop Thu 22-Nov-18 08:43:27

I agree with your sentiments Iam64 concerning TM, the woman is toughing it out against all odds.
Sometimes Grandad this forum does resemble Loose Women, I agree.

Iam64 Thu 22-Nov-18 08:30:51

As so often Grandad, you miss the point by going straight in with your sweeping statement that 'anti male sexism on this forum is unbelievable at times'.

Saying that someone has 'balls' usually means they're prepared to tough things out. The assumption is that only men have that ability, so women who tough things out are 'congratulated' for having a male ability.

Like the OP I'm not a tory voter and no admirer of Theresa's politics or her party. She's been given a poison chalice and it seems to most of us, she's doing her best to reach some kind of resolution. That shows courage and determination. She's under attack from all sides and given there are female members of parliament in both parties, the attack isn't just coming from the men.

Anja Thu 22-Nov-18 08:28:30

Well said Grandad

mcem Thu 22-Nov-18 08:27:34

It's a succinct metaphor with no serious or offensive implications and I think we've a lot more to worry about right now!

Grandad1943 Thu 22-Nov-18 07:35:11

It is most certainly not all "BLOKES" that are causing Theresa May problems at this point in time. There are a considerable number of women in the Tory party that are also backstabbing and causing TM huge problems.

The anti-male sexism on this forum is unbelievable at times.