Gransnet forums

AIBU

Making extra work

(304 Posts)
Hatpev Sun 03-Feb-19 12:41:09

Aibu. DH watched me strip the guest bed this week saw the linen drying and then watched me iron it and put it back on the bed ready for whoever stays next. The next night he moved into that bed because I was snoring. Agh!
I haven’t said anything because on a previous occasion I spent half day cleaning bathroom for guests coming the next day only to find him using it instead of the en-suite we usually use. This caused a huge argument. Is it me?

Rufus2 Sun 10-Feb-19 08:37:00

my pc crashed yesterday
Jalima; Sorry to hear that! Women drivers! grin Get back behind the wheel as soon as you can to regain confidence and look at that URL. It's like extended family for Aussie connections. Good Luck and don't emulate the Prince again! grin

Jalima1108 Sat 09-Feb-19 15:32:36

I'm not risking it Rufus
my pc crashed yesterday shock and I am treating it with the utmost care

Rufus2 Sat 09-Feb-19 13:24:01

Australian magpies are not the same as British magpies
Jalima; take a look at www.the magpiewhisperer.com/videos
Hope this works!
OoRoo

Rufus2 Sat 09-Feb-19 12:19:57

DON'T feed the maggies (magpies?) Rufus
Elegran; Sorry I can't help it! Arose this morning to find, joy of joys, it was raining, but as I sat at my kitchen bench facing the window, my family of maggies, all bedraggled,
came and perched on the window-sill looking straight in at me. I couldn't enjoy eating brekkie in front of an audience so I shared my full English breakfast with them, which they enjoyed immensely. Imagine that! Aussie maggies dining on English grub! grin
Reminded me of that little anecdote I told recently where a lady said her husband appeared depressed because it had been raining solid for 3 days and he was staring through the window, but if it was still raining tomorrow she'd have to let him in! grin
I can't do that with my maggies; that would really be like making work! shock
OoRoo

Rufus2 Sat 09-Feb-19 08:47:58

Meanwhile you and Maw can be grsnsnet resident poet
Iam64: What on earth has come over you? That would be even more terrible! sad Or there again, another masochist could set it to music to be sung sotto voce in the shower! grin

Rufus2 Sat 09-Feb-19 08:33:09

Oi! You're supposed to read the blue bits. grin
Gonegirl; Oi! 2U2 Yes teacher! To borrow from "Minder", "She who must be obeyed" becomes "She who must be ignored". And you're not allowed to inflict corporal punishment these days, are you? grin

phoenix Fri 08-Feb-19 21:28:20

Ooh Jalima be careful, a post like that could invoke he who must not be named!

Jalima1108 Fri 08-Feb-19 20:33:31

DH has finally learnt The Last Word (s)

They are 'Yes dear' wink

Although he uses them very rarely

phoenix Fri 08-Feb-19 20:16:32

Pardon, Chewbacca? Didn't quite catch that grin

Chewbacca Fri 08-Feb-19 19:32:41

<pokes head round the door and shouts> LAST WORD!

phoenix Fri 08-Feb-19 18:48:17

Oh, I dimly remember privileges! Sadly...............sad

PS we could be put on the naughty step by GNHQ for deviating from the thread topic!

lemongrove Fri 08-Feb-19 18:35:36

He’s lucky to be still getting regular privileges Kitty grin

kittylester Fri 08-Feb-19 18:33:56

Well, dd2 and co are coming to stay tomorrow and I have, recklessly, changed the bed. DH has promised to not sleep in it tonight - on pain of withdrawal of privileges!!

Iam64 Fri 08-Feb-19 18:28:39

hang on my dad always referred to me as "last word X"

lemongrove Fri 08-Feb-19 18:19:53

No Hatpev you can’t as I want the very last word.smile

phoenix Fri 08-Feb-19 17:44:03

My cats make extra work with their wet muddy paws when it's been raining.

One is male, one female.

No gender bias on making extra work in the Phoenix household! winkgrin

Gonegirl Fri 08-Feb-19 16:23:23

" the very last word ". You'll be lucky hatpev. grin

Iam64 Fri 08-Feb-19 16:18:25

Willa45. - so sorry if you felt I was accusing you of being passive aggressive. Your post brought some light relief to me - thanks
Terribull I think the post of poet laureate may be open before long. Meanwhile you and Maw can be grsnsnet resident poet

Hatpev Fri 08-Feb-19 15:24:11

As the person who started this thread please can I have
the
very
last
word
and let you all go back to your normal happy lives? I would never have posted anything if I had realised what was going to happen.

PS the bed has still to be changed but I must have stopped snoring because it hasn’t been used since.

Elegran Fri 08-Feb-19 15:08:19

That's OK Willa, No-one thought you were doing either of those.

willa45 Fri 08-Feb-19 14:42:03

Iam64......Wanted to add some light humor and realized (after I hit send) that there was a confrontation between the genders. My post could be construed as a passive aggressive dig or an attempt to stir the pot even further. That's not who I am.

Jalima1108 Fri 08-Feb-19 13:58:45

and clean up their mess!! grin

Elegran Fri 08-Feb-19 13:18:17

Rufus can feed them then!

Jalima1108 Fri 08-Feb-19 12:47:48

Australian magpies are not the same as British magpies, Elegran - although they are black and white,
It's a passerine rather than a corvid

The male can be a bit vicious when defending its territory but generally they are much nicer and make a lovely carolling sound rather than a harsh screech.

Elegran Fri 08-Feb-19 12:40:19

DON'T feed the maggies (magpies?) Rufus They are perfectly able to feed themselves (mostly on small mammals and the eggs and chicks of other birds - which they will continue to predate on after they eaten the hors d'oevres that you give them)

It is just possible that they may eat slightly fewer songbird chicks if you are feeding them, but more likely that they will produce more young themselves and so cause even more losses to the familes of the smaller birds.

Have you noticed how the small birds join together to mob them to try to chase them off?