Gransnet forums

AIBU

Worse ever

(54 Posts)
Mycatisahacker Thu 21-Mar-19 13:27:00

Aibu to think that we have both the worst PM and the worst opposition leader in my life time? I am 54. Anyone else agree?

Mycatisahacker Fri 22-Mar-19 13:56:37

easybee

Yes I sgree that’s a fair point although most of my memories of Wilson and Heath belong to Mike Yarwood as a kid. wink

humptydumpty Fri 22-Mar-19 14:19:59

I've always thought it's a pity that Tony Benn and Harriet Harman never became PM.

Gonegirl Fri 22-Mar-19 14:21:01

Theresa is one of the best. Nothing but admiration for her.

Gonegirl Fri 22-Mar-19 14:21:52

Hated Kinnock, with a vengeance. Urgh!

Jalima1108 Fri 22-Mar-19 14:29:07

I'm not sure Mycat

I think perhaps that the PM who took us into an illegal war and the PM who gave us a referendum on EU membership are ahead in my view.

The present PM is trying to clear up the mess created by both of these events which is their doing.
Where are they now? One swanning around the world making himself richer and richer, the other holed up somewhere writing his memoirs which we will be able to download on to our Kindles for free (if we wish!).

eazybee you are right about undisclosed information!

Nicenanny3 Fri 22-Mar-19 16:43:26

I think Theresa May is the worse PM ever, she tells lies, she's like a dictator. Followed by Tony Blair, then the terrible two Cameron and Clegg.

Framilode Fri 22-Mar-19 17:01:17

She is one eyed, inflexible, duplicitous and simply can't communicate with anyone not even her own cabinet. You need many qualities to be a prime minister but one of the most important ones is being able to communicate.

I certainly don't feel sorry for her. She wanted the job but is just not up to it.

POGS Fri 22-Mar-19 17:10:34

humptydumpty

humptydumpty Fri 22-Mar-19 14:19:59

' I've always thought it's a pity that Tony Benn and Harriet Harman never became PM.'
---

If Tony Benn were alive he would have voted ' Leave'.

Corbyn was a Bennite through and through and as we all know Corbyn at one time voted against all things EU just like his fellow comrades Dennis Skinner et al.

Fast forward to present day Corbyn has done a U Turn over his position on the EU whilst Dennis Skinner has stuck to his ' principles' over the EU and looked what has happened to him!

Dennis Skinner has been targeted for sticking to his ' Principles' over the EU and Corbyn has done everything possible to thwart what was in his own Manifesto, like most other MP's from differing political parties.

nanasam Fri 22-Mar-19 17:13:48

At the risk of being strung up and flayed I'll just whisper something.

Maggie would have got it sorted by now! [ducks for cover]

Poppyred Fri 22-Mar-19 17:16:01

Nicenanny3 - Clegg was never prime minister thank god otherwise I would have left the planet!!b??

Nicenanny3 Fri 22-Mar-19 18:28:56

No Clegg wasn't only a deputy PM that was bad enough.

Anniebach Fri 22-Mar-19 19:18:33

How can Kinnock be accused on being on the MEP gravy train , he was leader of the Labour Party and had to fight to get labour out of the clutches of the far left for 9 years , some seen to have no recollection of the state of the Labour Party following the disasterous 1983 election.

And Blair won a third election after Iraq

Wilson and Callaghan were in the clutches of the unions.

Mycatisahacker Fri 22-Mar-19 19:27:29

Greatest respect for Harriet Harmon.

Gonegirl are you being ironic or pissed?

Why isn’t Corbyn on the March tomorrow? Oh that would require leadership! Utter utter twat!

I am actually worried about TMs mental health. That woman needs to have a holiday and not a walking one! Just lying on a sunbed!

Mycatisahacker Fri 22-Mar-19 19:32:21

Anniebach

Absolutely agree with your post

Jalima1108 Fri 22-Mar-19 19:32:49

If Tony Benn were alive he would have voted ' Leave'.
Tony Benn was most definitely a Eurosceptic!!

As an MP and Cabinet Minister many were very wary of him for his leanings towards Russia - but now he has gone everyone seems to love him!
I think we need him now with his incisive delivery.

Mycatisahacker Sat 23-Mar-19 12:48:22

I think her main problem Is her personality to be honest.

She has no people skills what so ever. None.

Gonegirl Sat 23-Mar-19 12:51:58

Mycatisahacker - "pissed"?!!!

What the hell do you mean by that?

sodapop Sat 23-Mar-19 13:10:53

Mainly because its true Anniebach Neil & Glynis have done very nicely thank you, to say nothing of their obnoxious son.

grumppa Sat 23-Mar-19 13:23:05

Surely no list of the worst prime ministers ever would be complete without Sir Anthony Eden of Suez fame.

JMarion Sat 23-Mar-19 13:28:43

So many people are saying they wont vote because they are didillusioned with our MPs, and so am I but if we dont v ote for someone we will only get the fanatics in parliament and then we truly are sunk. Can we persuade many Independents to stand and thus break the power of the Party Machine. I am in my 80s now and have been interested in politics in a small way all my life and have never known our government to be so out of touch with the populace. They are a law unto themselves and dont really care about the population - until its election time again of course!

Mycatisahacker Sat 23-Mar-19 19:18:15

GoneGirl

I was joking sorry I meant to put a smiley face!!

It’s just I was surprised you liked TM from your previous postings.

Gonegirl Sat 23-Mar-19 20:08:46

Oh, that's ok mycatisahacker.

I just think she's trying to make the most of a bad job.

Jalima1108 Sat 23-Mar-19 21:14:38

Neil & Glynis
Glynis taught me how to clean leeks!
Well, not me personally, but a crowd of us.

She also gave my DGD a certificate and I must say she was very inspiring.

Jalima1108 Sat 23-Mar-19 21:16:01

Surely no list of the worst prime ministers ever would be complete without Sir Anthony Eden of Suez fame.
People forget, grumppa

Nice but ineffectual.

M0nica Sat 23-Mar-19 21:55:00

Well Corbyn and almost all his closest confidants and advisors attended private schools and are no more working class than the Royal family. At least Mrs May was state educated.

I finding it rather comforting that there is no glass ceiling for women in the Conservative party, Mrs Thatcher had to be exceptional to become Prime Minister, Mrs May is as incompetent as her male predecessor, David Cameron.

No idea what a female leader of the Labour party would be like, they have never had one. All the Labour party has shown is that when it comes to party leaders no man is too incompetent to become leader.