Gransnet forums

AIBU

Am I too much if a stickler?

(5 Posts)
4allweknow Sun 05-May-19 12:04:20

Live in a smallish (125 detached houses) estate. Been here since new - 10 years. The properties have conditions attached one being you are not allowed to run a business from your house. I am aware that there are some businesses here but most are the type that people work mainly from home doing on-line stuff or the home is just the registered address of a business. I have no issue with this. My AIBU relates to those businesses that have people visiting premises for business/services. A physiotherapist has set up, a couple of beauticians, and a few childminders. These all have cars coming and going, parking in footpaths. Also the chikdminders have children screaming and shouting, bouncing on trampolines most days. I have one next door who when she moved in two years ago and I noted the childminding advert on her car I told her no businesses were allowed. Her response was that she had been 'approved' and the local council had inspected which I have no doubts about. I couldn't get through to her those agencies didn't matter it was the legal conditions attached to the properties. Don't know if she just didn't understand (Eastern European) or didn't want to. I am now finding the daily racket from the children a nuisance. Better weather I can't sit in garden to enjoy some sun and fresh air. AIBU to contact registration body to inform that the childminders have not declared there are conditions preventing them from running a business. (Did look up application firm on line and landlord, if relevant, must provide consent and if privately owned there must be no prohibiting conditions.) I know that any action will be talked about widespread. Or, do I just move which will be difficult for me.

Moocow Mon 06-May-19 20:34:01

I typed a lengthy reply which disappeared! Basically I ended with don't know how you solve this even with the condition you mentioned. There should be some way but in the end if you are in the minority there is the worry you will find it is an even worse place to live sadly. Maybe seek help through citizens advice? Over the years I have felt like I live in the middle of an industrial estate.

Greenfinch Mon 06-May-19 20:39:30

confused Why has this thread popped up again?

Moocow Mon 06-May-19 20:40:56

Again? confused

Greenfinch Mon 06-May-19 20:50:38

See under "last day". There have already been 23 replies to this one.