Gransnet forums

AIBU

To expect him to realise........

(20 Posts)
phoenix Wed 29-May-19 17:33:35

That I can't bloody hear him if I'm in the kitchen, next to the radio, with the fan oven on, and he is addressing me from the depths of "the gateway to hell", aka the cupboard under the stairs!

Humph!

crazyH Wed 29-May-19 17:35:56

Oh Mr P ......you are in trouble !!!!!

Auntieflo Wed 29-May-19 17:36:11

Phoenix, I’ve got one of those!!!

Charleygirl5 Wed 29-May-19 17:40:08

Has he not learned anything in the time he has been married to you?

Liz46 Wed 29-May-19 17:42:16

Mine's like that too!

EllanVannin Wed 29-May-19 17:46:42

I had one of those as well-----who also thought he could talk over a whistling kettle !

phoenix Wed 29-May-19 17:52:27

Quite a bit actually Charleygirl but obviously not the fact that talented as I may be in many ways (well, a few, mainly related to not too bad cooking and the odd bit of budget interior design stuff as in the kitchen revamp) but super hero type hearing isn't one of them.

And can someone please explain to me why he is attempting to reaffix the curtain track that I think may have been dislodged by over exuberant cats attempting to climb the curtains (can't be 100% sure but it wasn't me, I haven't felt the urge to climb a curtain in years, if ever) while still wearing his jacket

Nannylovesshopping Wed 29-May-19 17:56:15

I’d love to live with you, it sounds such fun?

Auntieflo Wed 29-May-19 17:57:45

When’s the book coming out.
Put me down for a copy please.

phoenix Wed 29-May-19 18:04:26

Nannylovesshopping believe me, you'd have it, I'm a right grump!

Auntiflo I enjoy the odd bit of writing, but any book would need some serious editing before it was fit to be released to the public, some of whom might be of a delicate and sensitive nature!

phoenix Wed 29-May-19 18:05:43

Arrgh! Should have been "hate it" damn auto correct!

Charleygirl5 Wed 29-May-19 18:12:03

It sounds to me that he should do what he does best and that is to go out to work and earn money so that you can pay somebody to do the odd jobs which will be done sooner rather than possibly within the next 10 years.

phoenix Wed 29-May-19 18:19:17

I know what you mean Charleygirl but this job just involved putting a new rawl plug and a longer screw (actually, I could have done it myself, if it wasn't for the damn weak wrist left over from my Ikea self assembly episode sad )

Vonners Wed 29-May-19 18:30:56

I thought for a moment you were a mind reader. Thats almost exactly what I had been thinking, except he was departing the kitchen heading for the greenhouse! So pleased I'm not alone :-)

phoenix Wed 29-May-19 19:02:01

It would seem that there's a lot of it about!

Bathsheba Wed 29-May-19 19:26:52

Blimey, this must be serious - you've actually gone and used the AIBU forum ?. I'd get yer tin hat on if I were you Mr P!

phoenix Wed 29-May-19 19:30:49

blusha

Auntieflo Wed 29-May-19 19:59:03

Phoenix. Really!
GN’s of a delicate and sensitive nature? Where are they then?
Most of the posters here are of the robust category.
Go on, do it. As a certain film sort of said....
“Write it, and they will come”

phoenix Wed 29-May-19 20:08:55

But, Auntieflo books are supposed to have a beginning, a middle and an end, whereas I just sort of "ramble", often go off topic and frequently spout anthropomorphic rubbish!

Auntieflo Wed 29-May-19 21:29:15

Books are supposed to have a beginning , a middle, and an end, yes; so they are. But, some of the authors that are put up for prestigious awards have none, neither, any, do they? Can’t make head or tail of some.