Gransnet forums

AIBU

Sorry , Brexit

(30 Posts)
Crazygran Mon 16-Sep-19 22:16:08

Am I the only one that thinks Boris was right to not speak in Luxembourg in front of hecklers , what good are they doing ?

mcem Tue 17-Sep-19 21:48:36

You look for gracious behaviour in others but support tolerate boorishness in BJ.
There are none so blind...............

lemongrove Tue 17-Sep-19 21:41:26

....and a host doesn’t behave in that way to somebody who is his guest!
I was always brought up with the idea that a host should be gracious.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 17-Sep-19 17:49:12

Au contraire lemon Johnson behaviour to his host was incredibly rude. You simply don’t behave like that to a host.

Framilode Tue 17-Sep-19 17:44:07

Boris - The Incredible Skulk. Show some backbone Johnson. You wanted the job now man up.

lemongrove Tue 17-Sep-19 17:35:38

smile thanks NanKate

NanKate Tue 17-Sep-19 17:28:44

I agree with you as ever Lemongrove.

lemongrove Tue 17-Sep-19 17:09:33

Not that it matters much in any case.

lemongrove Tue 17-Sep-19 17:08:57

Yes, he made the right decision by denying shouting protesters the pleasure of heckling, and yes the Luxembourg
PM was impolite not to hold it inside as requested.

Barmeyoldbat Tue 17-Sep-19 17:03:10

I would have gone and joined the protest if I had known in advance. Its my right to protest.

mcem Tue 17-Sep-19 17:02:43

He didn't like hecklers at a very safe distance in Downing Street and when MPs got rowdy,he shut down HoC. Why would he sudden!y grow a backbone and face hecklers yesterday?
Ps when/why was TM made to sleep on a sofa bed?

GillT57 Tue 17-Sep-19 16:11:29

Indeed, how could this be an evil EU plot? It was people concerned about democracy/their jobs in the EU/their partners who are EU citizens, not unreasonable is it?

grannyticktock Tue 17-Sep-19 16:03:01

The protesters were British, weren't they? Hard to see how that could be an EU plot!

Whitewavemark2 Tue 17-Sep-19 15:59:46

gill ?

GillT57 Tue 17-Sep-19 15:48:44

I would not describe the middle aged angry people protesting at Johnson yesterday as a 'mob'. Also, last time I looked, peaceful protest was permitted, even in the dragonlands of the EU, or would some on here like that to be chucked in the democracy dustbin as well? If it wasn't so serious it would be laughable, all the 'bring back democracy' and 'take back control' supporters getting all hot under the collar and coming over all Daily Mail when somebody else has the nerve to exercise their democratic right to protest.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 17-Sep-19 15:34:51

There is a rumour .that Johnson wore a flak jacket yesterday.

What a bliddy idiot

winterwhite Tue 17-Sep-19 10:07:31

Maybe the protesters were a bit too close but that could have been remedied easily enough. If BJ had had anything encouraging to say about Progress Towards A Deal he'd have made sure he said it and out-yelled at the protesters to listen.
I don't know what else the Luxembourg PM could have done? Perfectly fair to emphasise that the UK started this and it is up to the UK to make the next move now, since this is the simple truth.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 17-Sep-19 09:34:14

I hope everyone will remember that when Johnson and his sorry crew try to lay the blame on the EU when it all goes tits up, that it is Johnson’s incompetence narcissism and coward ness and the Tory parties intransigence with ill thought out decisions that caused this dogs dinner.

Riverwalk Tue 17-Sep-19 07:33:50

Tommy Robinson has come out in support of Johnson, so all is well in the world! smile

Whitewavemark2 Tue 17-Sep-19 07:27:49

The Luxemboug PM managed very well!

As Grace stated. Johnson when faced by a group of ex-pats critical of his policies, simply imploded under the weight of his own narcissism.

Comparing yourself to a comic hero with anger management issues was never going to end well, and Johnson Hulk when faced with a few people complaining about him changed from green to a cowardly yellow and fled.

The world looked on in amazement .

Jane10 Tue 17-Sep-19 06:48:01

Ridiculous to expect Boris to continue under these circumstances. Nothing useful could be heard.

crystaltipps Tue 17-Sep-19 05:30:52

I wouldn’t call 50 or so ex pats an “unruly mob”.

Lyndiloo Tue 17-Sep-19 05:12:52

I'm no great fan of Boris Johnson, but I do think that they could have taken the Press Conference inside, bearing in mind how noisy it was outside.

I think he was right to refuse to participate in the circumstances.

Was this another EU ploy? Maybe not. But the Luxembourg President was being a bit disrepectful and impolite, expecting his guest to shout above a unruly, megaphoned mob!

crystaltipps Tue 17-Sep-19 04:38:14

If the Incredible Sulk can't cope with 50 or so protesters behind a barrier when he’s got a microphone, in a pre- arranged venue then he shouldn’t be Prime Minister.

RatherBeActive Tue 17-Sep-19 02:06:47

Very few people are democratic.

newnanny Tue 17-Sep-19 01:42:29

Crazygran I agree if people arecrude enough to use megaphones to scream and drown him out what is the point of trying to speak to mob mentality morons? Unless the politicians learn to discuss in a reasonable way problems of Brexit or anything else won't get solved. It was very rude indeed of Luxemburg PM to insist press release had to be carried out in such circumstances and when Boris asked for indoor venue he was denied. The sooner we get out of obnoxios EU the better. They used to be very rude to Theresa May too, not letting her eat with them and once making her sleep on sofa bed. I am glad Boris is not going to put up with that kind of behaviour.