Gransnet forums

AIBU

Greta Thunberg, Amazing or not.?

(323 Posts)
Bridgeit Tue 24-Sep-19 20:42:20

I think she is, she is so passionate , knowledgeable & informed.
If this isn’t shown or taught in all schools yet , let’s hope that it will be
She is certainly an inspiring example for & to us all.
Well done young lady .

Bridgeit Fri 27-Sep-19 14:06:31

So I presume that you are far happier knowing that a young girl is being attacked.?

Bridgeit Fri 27-Sep-19 14:12:36

GG ,Had you have worded your comment as:
Have you been reading the tabloids again ? That would have been ok. BUT you said You Have been reading the tabloids therefore making an inference regarding the tabloids & those who read them.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 27-Sep-19 14:13:10

Bridgeit I assume that you cannot answer me?

Bridgeit Fri 27-Sep-19 14:17:02

So funny, assume away.

Bridgeit Fri 27-Sep-19 14:26:43

Back to the subject ,
I find it very sad that a young girl is pilloried & insulted , has been called derogatory names etc for her sincere attempts to focus on the importance of slowing down Global warming . And this being done by a generation who should know better.

EllanVannin Fri 27-Sep-19 14:42:36

I agree with abbey too. There's far too much brainwashing going on and the frightening thing is that millions are taken in by it to feed those behind all this poppycock while the very things that nature gave us---trees, are being chopped down at an alarming rate to the timber industry for buildings/furnishings leaving areas and animal habitats decimated and prone to flooding.
We should be planting more trees to control flooding in certain areas. Stop using concrete to cover where grass should grow. We're stealing nature as it was meant to be.

Who's going to listen ? Nobody !
When all this hype has fizzled out there'll be something else, there always is. Lord only knows what the next protest will be about-------I can't wait ( rolls eyes )

sarahellenwhitney Fri 27-Sep-19 14:45:39

Bridgeit Making sure we all do our bit? Interested to know what' bit' this young lady herself has put into practice.

EllanVannin Fri 27-Sep-19 14:46:43

Why isn't there a protest about fuel prices ?
Why isn't there a protest about the £100,000+ that has been added to property prices since the year 2000 ?
Why isn't there a protest about extortionate rental prices ?

You NEVER see protests about things that matter !!

Peonyrose Fri 27-Sep-19 14:54:57

To witness someone having a breakdown is not good television. She is obviously ill. She was scaremongering and had worked herself into that tearful frenzy. Her parent should be concerned.

Loislovesstewie Fri 27-Sep-19 14:56:23

Bridgeit , it was other kids calling my son a weirdo. I suspect that you are not at all interested in autism or how kids with the condition are bullied in general, or how lonely they can feel or how they are often sick and tired of not fitting in and not understanding why others don't welcome them. I also suspect that if she was saying something that the majority of people on here violently opposed then there would be precious little sympathy then. FWIW I agree with cleaning up the earth, what I object to is that we have a16 year old autistic person ranting away , which is what a lot of autistic people do very well. She has no solution, and no ideas about how to solve the problem. Her claim that her childhood has been stolen was really just an over emotional rant.

If she stayed at school, got an education /qualifications and could then provide a solution I would have more time for her.
I have also said that I am concerned for her mental well being as I understand, all too well, what is likely to happen if she feels that she has failed in her mission.

Bridgeit Fri 27-Sep-19 15:01:36

EllanVannin,, if you don’t t hear anyone protesting about the things you have mentioned, it must be because nobody can be arsed to do anything about, that’s also why I do not understand the criticism that befalls those who are brave enough to do so especially when they are relatively young.

Bridgeit Fri 27-Sep-19 15:10:44

You could not be more wrong about me & Autism, ( not something I want to share here ) but best wishes to you.

Loislovesstewie Fri 27-Sep-19 15:12:09

Then you should understand that she is probably being driven by autism .

pinkquartz Fri 27-Sep-19 15:16:20

I am beginning to understand why she does not name specifics.....it would help if she did. But I get that is not how her mind works.
I have no problem with her. I hope she will be ok.

Bridgeit Fri 27-Sep-19 15:18:54

If you have read the whole thread, you will note that I was upset that GT had been described as a weirdo ( the poster did apologies for the term used.
Now I shall take myself away from this thread .

Urmstongran Fri 27-Sep-19 15:21:18

You said that once before. I don’t believe you can!

Nanny41 Fri 27-Sep-19 15:33:24

Not amazing, just a young kid being used by someone, indoctrinated by her Father I believe.She is clever to be able to put forward her opinion even if it is well rehearsed,she reads well from her papers in front of her, and is a good actress, her Mother being an opera singer has no doubt helped this.I am only voicing my opinion and many other who like myself live in Sweden!

Gonegirl Fri 27-Sep-19 15:51:35

My heart went out to her when she was waiting to be ushered into the auditorium. No one really seemed to know what they were doing, and her hand kept going to her back pocket, obviously reassuring herself that she had her notes safe and sound. She was very brave.

Bridgeit Fri 27-Sep-19 18:20:58

Brilliant Youtube clips of her with her friends laughing & having fun.

Bridgeit Fri 27-Sep-19 18:22:36

Couldn’t resist popping back to let anyone who is interested know.

Urmstongran Fri 27-Sep-19 18:33:52

I knew you’d be back Bridget
?

Bridgeit Fri 27-Sep-19 18:34:23

Well that’s it for now?

Bridgeit Fri 27-Sep-19 18:39:20

Well not quite, great YouTube of GT & Arnold Schwarzenegger being interviewed together.
Right I’m gone now?

Urmstongran Fri 27-Sep-19 19:13:50

Well, perhaps for an hour or so!!

Urmstongran Fri 27-Sep-19 19:57:01

Sorry Bridgeit I apologise for my mean comment. Once was funny (or meant to be) but I was wrong to post a similar message again.
?