Gransnet forums

AIBU

Harry and Meghan

(155 Posts)
Gingergirl Mon 21-Oct-19 13:24:59

AIBU to feel annoyed at the media interpretations of their comments in the tv programme last night? Wasn’t Harry just saying effectively that he struggles with the grief of his mothers death, rather than ‘admitting to being mentally ill’ as I've heard on the news today. I thought he had been open about his feelings to help others who had been bereaved perhaps.....and commented that he had come to realise that his feelings needed to be ‘managed’...and that with every job, you need to put on a brave face sometimes. Seems reasonable to me. Likewise with Meghan, the press have treated her badly so why shouldn’t she say how that makes her feel?It just makes her human surely, not necessarily someone about to completely unravel. I really don’t get it and especially now that they’re being portrayed as a couple on the ‘brink’ of deep unhappiness and distress. What do others think?

Namsnanny Fri 25-Oct-19 16:01:51

I do believe a clear look at someone’s past can predict their future behaviour. Especially someone over the age of 21.
Meghan has a history of dropping people who don’t conform to her agenda.
I wouldn’t expect that to change any time soon.

Namsnanny Fri 25-Oct-19 15:57:56

Merlotgran ...flowers

merlotgran Fri 25-Oct-19 14:58:31

Existing is what we're doing at the moment because we want DH to be 'living'.

No complaints, just determination. smile

jo1book Fri 25-Oct-19 13:51:42

I suppose self-promoting Goddesses feel they just exist when they lose the worship of the masses!

Anniebach Fri 25-Oct-19 12:44:59

Existing not living? Flying to America for a tennis match is just existing?

Flying by private jet to America for a baby shower is existing not living ?

Washerwoman Fri 25-Oct-19 12:35:57

I feel they should have taken the goodwill from a successful tour in SA and gone away for a quiet few weeks with baby Archie to have some family time.Instead announcing legal action and that interview with TB just attracts even more attention,a lot sadly vitriolic.
He has his faults but I feel all the good work Charles does,and has done.And the solid duty of Anne.The stoicism of the Queen. The Pakistan tour of the Cambridges.All undermined.Harry has not done himself any favours this time IMO.
And I was quite open minded about Megan until I heard her talk about existing rather than living.On a day when I had just been on a trip helping my DD with some children from a seriously deprived area.Knowing what a tough time some families truly have.She lost any sympathy there and then.

jo1book Fri 25-Oct-19 11:43:04

Why do people feel the need to emote to the Press. Yes, it may arouse sympathy in some but others are appalled knowing the baying hounds of the gutter press will pounce. Keep you silly, privileged mouths shut.

Isabel46 Fri 25-Oct-19 11:33:06

I admire both of them- both very human

Anniebach Fri 25-Oct-19 11:28:44

We are maddy

annsixty Fri 25-Oct-19 11:18:09

As my mother used to say " I fear there will be tears before bedtime".
So sad for everyone concerned.

jo1book Fri 25-Oct-19 11:11:25

My H, glancing at a tv shot of MM commented "that's a strange women". He is not one for making comments about any one, usually.
That women is a nightmare in waiting for the RF.

maddyone Fri 25-Oct-19 10:46:42

We’re singing from the same same hymn sheet Annie, I absolutely agree with you.

Anniebach Fri 25-Oct-19 10:42:58

Spot on Pantglas

*maddy, I saw that hug, the poor woman and on stage in the
Albert Hall.

When a member of Anne’s staff stole love letters to Anne from
Tim Lawrence , silence from Anne.

All the lies about Charles , silence

Camilla has never spoken of her and Charles during the years
before their marriage

Megan lacks dignity and needs to accept she is not and never will be queen, one day she will have to walk behind George , curtsy to Catherine, her position in the royal family is on the sidelines not centre stage.

MissAdventure Fri 25-Oct-19 10:30:54

grin

maddyone Fri 25-Oct-19 10:25:50

Several royals have been criticised in the past, look at Charles and Camilla, and Catherine also was criticised for waiting for William and her slow take up of public duties. But all of these criticisms were taken with dignity and absolutely NO comments. This is the way the royal family cope with criticism, it is very dignified.
Meghan appears to have little dignity, she doesn’t know how to behave as a royal, for example, a couple of nights ago she was at The Royal Albert Hall, and as she arrived she threw her arms around the woman who was supposed to greet her. The poor woman was trying to curtesy and was nearly knocked off her feet (I saw the photo) as she probably wasn’t expecting a giant hug from a royal she had never met, or at least barely knew. Meghan doesn’t understand that this is not how people behave in Britain, she behaved as if she was meeting an American friend. It was discourteous to the lady who was trying to meet and greet her in the usual way. The British don’t throw their arms around strangers on first meeting, it’s just not done.

Pantglas2 Fri 25-Oct-19 10:11:47

It appears to me that Harry has married his mother but fortunately William has married his Camilla!

Anniebach Fri 25-Oct-19 09:57:57

Remember the words ‘ I’d like to be a queen of people’s hearts’

Sparklefizz Fri 25-Oct-19 09:40:21

Annie Megan will damage the monarchy and Harry.

I agree, sadly.

Anniebach Fri 25-Oct-19 09:23:29

Sparkle. This I honestly do know, Harry has always been spoilt, when his mother died so many think of the child walking behind the coffin and how cruel it was , how cold the Windsors were, not true , they protected him, spoilt him. Even William who was so young protected his brother.

Now Megan has come between Harry and the life he has lived, moving to Frogmore away from his family .

Catherine and William have made sure Harry was never on the sidelines.

Megan will damage the monarchy and Harry.

Sparklefizz Fri 25-Oct-19 09:14:49

The thing is, Annie, Harry didn't seem to play the victim until he met Meghan. He seems an unhappy man now, and I wonder if he is conflicted because he loves her but realises he has made a mistake. As she is the dominant partner, he is making choices he might not have made in order to please her.

I see Samantha Markle has popped up again now to say how dare Meghan comment that not many people have asked if she is OK when she, Meghan, has never asked if their father is OK.

Anniebach Fri 25-Oct-19 09:09:24

They are ‘doing a Diana ‘, setting up their own court, troubled times ahead for Charles and William and the country will be split again, it was Diana v the monarchy. Now Megan and Harry v the monarchy.

Harry has his mothers gift! Of playing the victim.

Poor Charles

Sparklefizz Fri 25-Oct-19 08:53:17

www.thesun.co.uk/news/10207357/meghan-markles-prince-charles-tensions/

maddyone Fri 25-Oct-19 00:17:28

Totally agree pinkquartz.

pinkquartz Thu 24-Oct-19 23:19:35

When so many in the Uk not to mention the whole planet have major life problems it is hard to have sympathy for a person who is manipulating the public

Meghan is an actress having the time of her life......she is not sufferning she is playing victim to get your sympathy

Luckygirl Thu 24-Oct-19 22:54:03

I can understand that you are not happy about that. I just feel that the media and people in general should have the kindness to get off the back of this troubled young couple.