Gransnet forums

AIBU

M&S Beauty Calendar

(11 Posts)
TerriBull Thu 31-Oct-19 16:40:41

Just had an email from M&S re their Beauty Calendar. AIBU to think their claim that the miniscule products on offer are somehow worth £300wink Really!!!!

I think I've had one before, if I remember rightly there were a lot of sample type whatsits.

Anyone got one, what do you think ? Is it worth spending £40 to get one the calendar for £25???

TerriBull Thu 31-Oct-19 16:41:30

one

GrannyGravy13 Thu 31-Oct-19 16:46:00

Terribull you have to spend £25 to get the Calendar for £40.

My sister and I have had one for the last three years, definitely worth it if you like trying different beauty products. (Have already purchased this years one)

TerriBull Thu 31-Oct-19 16:55:29

Even worse grin

I think the purchaser is seduced into thinking that they are getting a fabulous bargain. Yes if you want to sample different products and samples are quite good for taking away........but I don't believe one would go out with £300 to actually purchase, a few tubes of this and that, a nail varnish, a lipstick and a couple of jars of whatever! You could probably buy a vat of Creme de Mer and drown yourself in it for the same money, if you were so inclined grin

GrannyGravy13 Thu 31-Oct-19 16:58:42

Each to their own.......we’ve bought them because “we are worth it” to quote another well known beauty brand smile

TerriBull Thu 31-Oct-19 17:09:53

GG you always come across as very nice, so I'm sure you're worth it smile

GrannyGravy13 Thu 31-Oct-19 17:14:33

Thank you blush

QuaintIrene Fri 08-Nov-19 18:01:03

It’s one of those things I would love to receive, but I can’t justify the money for myself.

Missfoodlove Fri 08-Nov-19 18:12:38

QVC do a tili box every 3 months. £20 delivered. Much better value.

Maggiemaybe Fri 08-Nov-19 18:24:24

Yes, I think the M & S calendar is well worth it. I treated myself to one in 2017 and again last year, and there were some lovely products in them. Not what I'd call sample size either, some of them are full size and quite pricey to buy separately. The only things I didn't use were the make-up brushes and wash-off cleansers, and my DDs happily took those off my hands!

I was going to economise this year and not buy one, but I'm wavering now.... smile

Callistemon Fri 08-Nov-19 18:30:15

I bought one last year and gave quite a lot of the contents to DIL.
However, I still have some of the other products left from last year so perhaps I won't indulge again; it's gone up by £5 too!