Gransnet forums

AIBU

Dogs cocking a leg up

(8 Posts)
NfkDumpling Wed 11-Dec-19 20:05:10

Not on. Not at all. The dog doesn't understand, it's just marking over a strong smell. But it's owner should know better and pull it away.

Our gatepost is a marking post for all the local dogs and their owners inevitably apologise if I'm out there but we don't mind, its what dogs do, but on a recycling bin which has to come into the house, or any similar thing, no. Not on.

ToniSH Wed 11-Dec-19 17:57:38

My dog tried that the other day and I almost broke her neck pulling her away. Not OK, as you say. Unlike the larger wheelie bins. people carry these and often bring them inside.

Blondiescot Tue 10-Dec-19 18:28:14

Ahh ok, I wasn't sure if you meant the small food waste bins or the large wheely bins, which are also used for recycling (plastic, etc) in some areas.

NanaandGrampy Tue 10-Dec-19 14:25:02

That’s a bit thoughtless I agree but judging from some previous threads and the number of people who are fastidious about wearing gloves when out so they don’t pick up germs or touching bannisters or door knobs surely people wash their kitchen recycling bins when they take them back in doors. I know we always did.

craftyone Tue 10-Dec-19 14:16:41

small recycling bins that some have to keep in the kitchen, they are small terraced houses. Tbh I felt sick at the thoughlessness of those well dressed older men

Blondiescot Tue 10-Dec-19 13:57:51

Are we talking about the large wheely bins here, or the little recycling caddy-type bins?

Gaunt47 Tue 10-Dec-19 13:48:12

That's disgusting Craftyone.
I get them peeing against the flower pots at the front of my house, staining the pots and shrivelling the flowers. How can that be acceptable?
You used to be able to buy granules to sprinkle on the ground which popped when peed on. Sadly no longer sold.

craftyone Tue 10-Dec-19 13:35:16

I was walking to the shops today and it is recycling day. Twice I saw different dogs on leads, allowed to pee against the recycling bins. Bin owners have no option but to put them outside today. Really disgusting behavious on the part of these `respectable responsable` owners. Some child or adult will be carrying these bins straight into their homes later