Gransnet forums

AIBU

about my spare part(no not DH)

(13 Posts)
MotherHubbard Sat 14-Dec-19 15:11:41

A paddle on the drum of my washer/ dryer has broken: I rang Indesit to order a spare giving them my model number and was informed it would cost £29.83 and be delivered the next day. At the time I did think it was a bit expensive but paid. The part arrived as promised but its the wrong one. Also checking the invoice it only cost £11 and the remaining £18 charge was for postage and VAT! As there was no one available to speak to today I looked up the correct part on Indesit’s website to find I could have ordered online and postage was either £2:99 or £6.99 for next day delivery- so ordering by phone cost me double, which seems very wrong. Will be contacting them on Monday.

timetogo2016 Sat 14-Dec-19 16:53:22

Ripoff Britain springs to mind MotherHubbard.
Phone as you said but also send a letter of complaint.

Laurely Sat 14-Dec-19 21:16:41

And ask for your money back.

cornergran Sat 14-Dec-19 21:29:46

I would suggest money back and the correct part. Dreadful service.

Hetty58 Sat 14-Dec-19 22:32:40

I bought one from espares and it was £10, including delivery!

annep1 Sun 15-Dec-19 04:11:44

Espares is very good.

annehinckley Sun 15-Dec-19 09:49:04

Contact one of the TV consumer programmes - and tell Indesit you're going to do it!

grannybuy Sun 15-Dec-19 10:05:44

I would also write to them. It might not change the outcome, but companies need to know what their customers think, - and it will make you feel better. I wrote to Domestic and General when they increased my boiler cover from £8.90 per month, to over £25.00. I had first queried it on the phone, and it was quickly reduced to £18.00. Too little too late, as I had found a lower price than that. I got a reply to my letter, giving the reasons why it had gone up so much ( greed to some extent), but there was nothing they could do. No mention of the fact that, when pushed, they did reduce it somewhat. Strange how companies like our feedback, when it's positive.

Tigertooth Sun 15-Dec-19 10:12:26

Another here to say - put it in writing - much harder to ignore.

dragonfly46 Sun 15-Dec-19 10:20:39

Definitely put it in writing. We had a problem with the delivery of a footstool by a company that prides itself on customer service. I rang them and was told they would sort it out but they could not do anything until they had looked into it. I then emailed and within 5 minutes I had a call from a senior manager who assured me the foot stool would arrive on Tuesday and as a goodwill gesture she refunded me the money we had paid to have our old suite taken away.

Aepgirl Sun 15-Dec-19 10:24:34

What rubbish service. Make a BIG NOISE.

4allweknow Sun 15-Dec-19 14:58:48

They have identified and provided the wrong part. Contact them telling them to collect the item and you want a full refund. If any issues, put in writing and if you subscibe go on Twitter stating your case. Companies do not like complaints being aired so publicly and usually respond quickly and favourably.

CMB53 Sun 15-Dec-19 22:03:06

Put it on Twitter! I say this as if I know how which I'm ashamed to say I don't, but my daughters get immediate and positive results.