Gransnet forums

AIBU

Canadian Paparazzi

(113 Posts)
Caramac Wed 22-Jan-20 17:26:07

AIBU to be weary already and unsurprised that Harry and Meghan are threatening legal action against the Canadian Paparazzi?
They should be able to live a more peaceful life but were they really so naive as to think they would be left in peace at this stage?
Maybe they’re just putting a stick in the sand but I think there needs to be a sea change in journalism before any real respect for individuals is shown.

Urmstongran Fri 24-Jan-20 19:58:37

?

suziewoozie Fri 24-Jan-20 19:39:23

I said ‘most’ Urm

Urmstongran Fri 24-Jan-20 19:18:03

I do. Less is more now. It’s boring.

suziewoozie Fri 24-Jan-20 19:07:34

No most of you don’t hope that *Sir

SirChenjin Fri 24-Jan-20 18:55:55

I think most of us hope they’ll settle down to a quiet life too. Unfortunately, I suspect the Big Interview is just around the corner

CanadianGran Fri 24-Jan-20 18:31:24

I'm alarmed at how vitriolic some of the comments are here.

I really do hope they settle down to a fairly quiet life. Most here don't need a daily dose of what they are up to. Live and let live.

pigsmayfly. Fri 24-Jan-20 18:01:11

It has been said but no, Meghan seemed relaxed and happy in the photos. She didn’t look shocked; neither did the protection men look like they needed to protect. So It seems strange that she was said to be shocked. The news has gone so quiet it’s almost like a blackout. Do you think their threat of legal action is working or are they hiding?

seacliff Fri 24-Jan-20 17:44:24

grin love it, Terribull

TerriBull Fri 24-Jan-20 17:36:48

Allegedly Meghan is contemplating an interview with Ellen de Generes, because apparently "she understands her pain".............overdoing the yoga again I imagine!!! too long doing a head stand gazing downwards at her naval, dead painful! hmm I wouldn't know "downward dog" is about my limit. Which leads nicely onto the subject of dogs. Ellen and Meghan bonded at some kennel or other for homeless dogs, what a small world it seems way out west where you can't move without bumping into all manner of famous people choking up the corridors of institutions for good causes, God knows how The Duchess finds the time to bestow such benevolence on a daily basis, whilst putting out bilge meaningful thoughts on Twitter and still has time to pick up a new pair of Louboutins. Anyway maybe that's how they become friends in the first place just being such super caring individuals. Although I can't help feeling "the friends" of Meghan are people with a certain amounts of influence rather than the average Joe. On that very subject of "the friends" who now seem to be a constant omnipresent collective in daily communication with the gutter press so the prolls back home can be updated on how "Meghan is feeling today, whether her pain is better or worse, whether she's free from being stiffled, whether she is thriving rather just existing" It does make me ponder, just how many of them there are confused Only this is something to be considered. Diana did draw the world's attention to the fact that there were "three people in her marriage" I can't help feeling that there could be many more than 3, possibly a dozen or so in the SussexRoyal/ Friends are here to help liaison. Will a 26 bedroomed property be big enough ????hmm

SirChenjin Fri 24-Jan-20 16:45:39

Canadian media might respect their privacy - but the paparazzi are not the Canadian media.

Yehbutnobut Fri 24-Jan-20 15:44:53

Canadian Media respect privacy.

Seems to be a lot (even more than usual) of misinformation around. This sets the record straight.

Fennel Fri 24-Jan-20 15:00:43

ps - from another thread - Meghan has lived in Toronto in the past.

Fennel Fri 24-Jan-20 14:59:25

I wonder if they chose Canada partly because the media there aren't so alarmist.
I don't know if this is because of legal controls, or related to - dare I say it - the stronger Christian tradition there ? ie RC.
There was another discussion on here about a sex change issue in Canada and my Toronto cousin said they'd not heard anything about it.

Anniebach Fri 24-Jan-20 14:04:48

Agree merlot

She doesn’t venture out of the mansion grounds for six weeks, Harry in this country and she is out there . Not a
coincidence surely.

I wish she hadn’t taken attention from Kate’s work for young
children in this country

merlotgran Fri 24-Jan-20 13:56:11

I think Meghan is going to get fed up with Harry's paranoia. She's been around cameras long enough to know how to play the field and I bet she feels deep down that Diana might have been partly responsible for what happened.

Harry will never see it that way though.

Nobody took any photos of them when they were on their six week break. According to a Canadian reporter they hardly ever ventured outside.

When Meghan fled back to Vancouver she went out at least three times allowing photographers access. This was in the space of just a few days. Maybe it was an attempt to upstage William and Kate but maybe she was just eager to get herself 'out there' after an absence of many week.

She's a very self absorbed woman. Harry is over sensitive.

hmm

Anniebach Fri 24-Jan-20 10:16:58

It’s Harry who keeps bringing Diana into it. He fears the press because they killed his mother.

So posters speak of Diana using the press, why not . She was not killed by the press, she died because she was playing games with the press.

The photograph of her and Dodi Fayed snuggled up in a boat,
the papps must have been in boats too to take the photograph.

Sitting on the end of a diving board on a yacht ? That’s wanting privacy?

Caramac Fri 24-Jan-20 10:00:42

Reading the comments I think most, not all, who posted are also unsurprised. Harry has grown up with the press and the deals the RF had with them, It looks like Meghan wants to control what the press publish but that requires great skill and a lot of background negotiation. I’m not sure she will have all that in Canada.

SirChenjin Thu 23-Jan-20 18:18:52

Nope - their Instagram account is very much in keeping with their definition of private and low key.

notanan2 Thu 23-Jan-20 17:12:48

Instagram

notanan2 Thu 23-Jan-20 17:12:32

The sussex royal intagram account isnt set to private is it?

Elegran Thu 23-Jan-20 17:11:39

Is that better or worse than the general RF pile-on that we usually get?

suziewoozie Thu 23-Jan-20 17:07:56

Oh goody goody we can have another Diana pile on < goes off to fetch popcorn>

notanan2 Thu 23-Jan-20 16:51:58

Di couldnt bear to be forgotten or ignored. She never wanted to be a private citizen away from any attention.

H&M have also literally demanded attention. M said that she expected the people to listen to her.

They are the exact opposite of people who are seeking privacy. They are seekinh attention and control of what that attention involves.

Other minor Royals have perfected the art if outwardly appearing boring so that they can go about their lives. Its perfectly doable. IF thats what you really want.

suziewoozie Thu 23-Jan-20 16:45:03

That was a rhetorical question btw

suziewoozie Thu 23-Jan-20 16:44:20

notanan2

Could it be it was a set up so they could rant it was the papps

Like mother like son

What a shitty post - evoking a dead woman to make a cheap nasty point. Can GN sink any lower?