Gransnet forums

AIBU

To be Vary of potential Spreaders

(12 Posts)
Nonnie Tue 24-Mar-20 15:43:10

Saw on our local Fb page that they would like anyone who has/had the virus to double bag their rubbish before putting it in the bin. Good idea as a precaution.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 24-Mar-20 15:37:05

Gall bladder - bloody painful. First time I’d experienced it so didn’t know what it was except I was climbing the wall with pain. Shall know if I’m unlucky enough to get it again and won’t bother them. Apparently it last for 5-6 hrs as a rule.

Scan next at sometime to confirm diagnoses. So living to fight another day?

Urmstongran Tue 24-Mar-20 15:31:49

WWmk2 are you alright?

GrannyGravy13 Tue 24-Mar-20 15:22:07

Hope you are ok Whitewavemark2

Whitewavemark2 Tue 24-Mar-20 14:59:48

If you are unfortunate enough to have to go into A&E as an emergency, as I did last night, go on your own!

Everybody who enters A&E brings one more risk. Anyone who doesn’t need to be there stay away.

shysal Tue 24-Mar-20 14:09:43

I often put out and take in the bins of neighbours. The young lady next door probably has the virus, so her bin has stayed in and will not be touched by anyone at the moment. Also I have left neighbours to do their own recently. I am afraid I haven't been wearing gloves, but of course always wash my hands after handling anything that is possibly contaminated.

bikergran Tue 24-Mar-20 13:30:05

Just been in our local Iceland for loaf of bread and milk.

Customer who was in front of me, SNEEZED all over the checkout girl, the customer made no attempt to cover mouth or anything, disgusting,. I said to cashier I do feel sorry for you, we at Asda do at least have a little screen the Iceland girl had nothing!! filthy filthy people about.

May7 Tue 24-Mar-20 13:23:38

I think what I'm trying to say is that he had gloves on to protect his hands. (which as I said was the first time I've seen that in our area) That's how it should be !! but he used his glove to wipe his nose then used his glove to move my bin handle then on to next neighbour with same gloves etcetc.

If everyone washed their hands whenever they were supposed to maybe we wouldn't be in this mess now confused

MiniMoon Tue 24-Mar-20 13:16:36

I wore disposable gloves to bring my bin in. When I took them off, I still washed my hands.

tanith Tue 24-Mar-20 13:11:21

I do the same as Fiachna50 always. You will be fine as long as you wash you hands.

Fiachna50 Tue 24-Mar-20 12:52:17

I wash my hands after bringing my bins in, always have done.

May7 Tue 24-Mar-20 12:21:15

Yesterday I asked my neighbour not to bring in my bin after collection today (so that he doesnt put himself at unnecessary risk)
Our collection is 8am very early and since retiring we get up late. He has always brought in our bin because we are lazy and he doesn't like the untidiness in our Close. Fair enough each to his own and its a very neighbourlythanks He agreed.

Now this morning I left my bin on the kerb and also I left a choc treat for the collectors to share duly sanitised and plastic bagged up on the bin. (I can see the irony of that before anyone comments)
Along comes the van . Guy looks at chocolate.. hes got Gloves on .... first time seen that this year, puts chocolate in pocket and the wipes his nose with back of hand and uses handle of my bin to put it back on kerbangry
Bin is now in quarantine on drive and if it makes the close look untidy well very first world problem hey.
Anyone else thought about their bins today