Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU to get upset at One Stop changes?

(5 Posts)
Neilspurgeon0 Mon 13-Apr-20 11:08:43

For three weeks I have felt really safe at our local One Stop shop with two metre squares in the floor, a one way system to safely pass down the narrow aisles and a cleaning station immediately on entry to clean basket handles etc.

The shop has reduced its opening hours slightly to restock when no customers will be in to get harmed and to allow the staff free run of the shop, they are also cleaning thoroughly in those reduced opening periods.

Highly commended for common sense and as a result I have done almost all my shopping for essentials there since the outbreak started. Safety and feeling well cared for is well worth the extra couple of bob I have been spending.

Now I hear on another forum that customers have complained and all that eminently successful and clear sighted precautions are to be swept away.

I have written, as have others, to the head office but this seems so damned short sighted. Why cannot people just accept life is going to be a bit less comfortable if we are really going to safety find our way out of this dreadful pandemic?

M0nica Mon 13-Apr-20 11:13:44

Surely the store HQ are the ones at fault for even considering knuckling under and responding to these errant customers.

To put their whole customer base at risk because of a few complaints, pathetic.

glammanana Mon 13-Apr-20 11:21:23

I have always been under the impression that One Stop shops had their own individual managers so surely the manager of the shop makes the decision for that particular area and the safety of his staff & customers.
Have the complaints been because certain customers have arrived and the shop has been closed for a short while.Some people have nothing better to do with their time.

Tangerine Mon 13-Apr-20 11:52:38

You are quite right and I don't think you're unreasonable at all.

jane1956 Mon 13-Apr-20 13:28:13

thought One Stop was under the TESCO umbrella