Gransnet forums

AIBU

Kardashians

(24 Posts)
DiscoGran Fri 31-Jul-20 12:33:34

Do you think Kim looks in the mirror and wonders "does this make my bum look small"?

rosecarmel Tue 28-Jul-20 15:04:45

I'm not a fan, but admire their success and business savvy- The mom is the captain of that ship-

BlueBelle Tue 28-Jul-20 14:50:30

In the words of QUEEN Fat bottomed girls

Sallywally1 Tue 28-Jul-20 14:46:52

Thanks! I’m better informed now.

Chewbacca Tue 28-Jul-20 13:36:15

The bigger the bum, the better the twerk. Apparently.

Calendargirl Tue 28-Jul-20 13:26:33

Her bum is awful, IMHO, why anyone flaunts a backside like that is beyond me.

grannysyb Tue 28-Jul-20 13:02:31

Isn't she the one with a big bum?

TerriBull Tue 28-Jul-20 13:02:24

Before the sex tape emerged, their father a lawyer, Robert Kardashian, defended OJ Simpson, I believe and possibly that gave them all a leg up into the murky world of being famous for nothing in particular via some rubbishy tv show. Kim's humungous and obviously "enhanced" derriere seems to have played a part in all of that, well I say enhanced, but only if you so desire a butt the size of a planet. Their "mom" manager, went on to marry Bruce Jenner, before "they" became Caitlin, so I guess he's a step mom of sorts now.

GillT57 Tue 28-Jul-20 13:01:13

From where I am sitting they are all being used and manipulated by their dreadful Mother who has publicised every detail of their lives. She was originally married to the lawyer who made his name by getting OJ Simpson off the double murder charge

Chewbacca Tue 28-Jul-20 12:52:30

Their lives don't seem "real" to me. Huge houses that don't look like a home, days filled with endless shopping excursions and their lives lived out in the full glare of cameras and media. Do it they ever just go home, put the kettle on and curl up with a book? It all seems so surreal.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 28-Jul-20 12:51:29

From what I gather Kim became famous initially due to a 'leaked' sex-tape which went the rounds on the internet or suchlike. Savvy business minded mother milked it for all it was worth and now they're worth zillions. Bit sad really. 'Famous for being famous' - we're supposed to emulate them but why, I don't know.
I'd rather be known for my personality, brains or ability at whatever rather than my body or the clothes upon it but then I'm old-fashioned that way.

GagaJo Tue 28-Jul-20 12:49:06

Kim made a sex tape. That's where her fame originated from.

Oopsminty Tue 28-Jul-20 12:47:16

He's a good singer actually. Flashing Lights is brilliant

quizqueen Tue 28-Jul-20 12:44:16

The Kardashians live off advertising revenue, product placement and freebies so anyone who reads anything about them is funding their lifestyle. They all have quite nice ( over made up) faces but Kim's shape has to be based on Jessica rabbit and is far from attractive to me but maybe men think differently!

I don't understand Kanye standing for election as he's a big Donald fan unless he's only standing in States where Trump has no realistic chance, so he's hoping to garner some of the black vote away from Biden.

MerylStreep Tue 28-Jul-20 12:42:41

TrendyNannie
He wasnt a singer, he still is.

Givemestrength Tue 28-Jul-20 12:36:19

I think you need to ask the question to people 30-40 years younger than me!

TrendyNannie6 Tue 28-Jul-20 12:35:27

They are reality stars aren’t they, and Kanyne however his name is spelt, was he a singer, I’m not sure, they are always in the limelight, well Kim’s bum is, very attractive girl who has had bum implants apparently, not a fan of any of them, but millions are,

MerylStreep Tue 28-Jul-20 12:33:49

Kanye west would roll up being called a pop star ?

sodapop Tue 28-Jul-20 12:33:07

Having a large bottom seems to be a claim to fame for Kim Kardashian. Didn't work for me grin

Serendipity22 Tue 28-Jul-20 12:31:19

The thing that gets me about them, and other like them, are that they feel an obsession with having to have 'perfect' this and 'perfect' that and weobetide if a single solitary blip emerges on them or in their lives... whoaaaaaaa seriously !!!!! Can you imagine your whole hour/day/life being consumed with your appearance .... surgery after surgery to obtain the perfect 'look' !!!!!!!!

As for what are they famous for ! I literally have no idea whatsoever and THANK GOODNESS I'm plain- ol' -feet-on-the-ground-me
smile

Sallywally1 Tue 28-Jul-20 12:27:33

Yes my (adult) son tells me he is and that apparently he is very good (?).

I think I heard he is running for president. Hmm Trump has been bad enough!

timetogo2016 Tue 28-Jul-20 12:17:29

I`m with you both on this one.
And is he realy a pop star ?, the mind boggles.

tanith Tue 28-Jul-20 11:07:37

No clue ?

Sallywally1 Tue 28-Jul-20 10:53:23

Who are they and what have they done to be so famous? I mean I know he is a pop star, what about the rest of the family?

Why are they constantly in the news? Only asking!