Gransnet forums

AIBU

Isolation? Nope! some people are exempt

(12 Posts)
Oopsadaisy3 Sat 08-Aug-20 10:57:04

‘A spokesperson of F1 confirmed to GPblog.com that all teams and F1 personnel can travel to the UK after the Spanish Grand Prix without quarantaining. Formula 1 is marked as an elite sport and therefore has an quarantine exemption.’

Well that’s all right then, let them all travel around the world and come home and go straight to the shops or whatever and carry on as usual.

However, thankfully, Phew! we have our track and trace system , don’t we?

25Avalon Sat 08-Aug-20 11:01:35

I gather they will keep in bubbles and will have regular testing for Covid. Premier League football is similar in having regular tests before and after games and at training.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 08-Aug-20 11:14:26

Regular testing, keeping in their bubbles its not as if they are having a party on one of the Costas

maddyone Sat 08-Aug-20 11:21:38

To be honest, I think they should be made to follow the same rules as everyone else. It’s not like they’ll have to go out to work every day is it? And coming back from Spain!!! shock

Oopsadaisy3 Sat 08-Aug-20 11:21:58

grannygravy no of course not, no partying goes on , no mixing with other teams, no fuelling up when they move the vehicles from Country to Country on trucks, no mixing on flights or airport buildings when the other personnel fly from Country to Country. ?

Tested before they fly out and tested (presumably at the airport ) when they fly in to the UK then it’s on your way folks, have a great time. If they had to isolate them they would be too late for the next Grand Prix in Belgium.

Still it’s fine, I’m sure a bubble of a hundred or so people is all good.

maddyone Sat 08-Aug-20 11:23:38

And Belgium!!! shock

Oopsadaisy3 Sat 08-Aug-20 11:27:06

Maddyone I share your surprise......or is it concern?

But it seems we are the only ones who think it’s not fine, however I’m sure it has nothing to do with the squillions of pounds that are pumped into the sport by the worthies of the world.
It’s all to do with keeping us safe , right?

Hetty58 Sat 08-Aug-20 11:33:41

Why do people think that testing is the answer? The tests are only 70% accurate!

maddyone Sat 08-Aug-20 11:44:23

It’s shock Oopsadaisy, it’s shock that these people, visiting these areas, are allowed to flout the rules. The day after they come home they could be in your local supermarket, or mine, standing next to us in the queue.

Kalu Sat 08-Aug-20 11:48:55

And Boris is happy to let events like this go ahead regardless of the death and misery of so many. Once again, money talks. There are enough homegrown selfish idiots without allowing anyone who wants to, enter the UK hoping they will quarantine for the good of all!

BBbevan Sat 08-Aug-20 16:19:02

A elite sport!!!! What ever is that ? Money I expect

AGAA4 Sat 08-Aug-20 16:24:28

It's an elite sport so they can't possibly have Covid!