Gransnet forums

AIBU

Cookies

(8 Posts)
Luckygirl Thu 08-Oct-20 16:40:21

AIBU to think it should be possible to search a website without having to negotiate an endless stream of ads/cookie requests etc.? I have been trying to buy some curtains online today and a great deal of my time has been spent getting rid of these darned things as they pop up, covering the item I am trying to look at. Grrrrrr!

ValerieF Thu 08-Oct-20 16:46:44

Oh well if it is only thing to worry about.... bahaha. I think there is a way of reducing the ads online? Not really well up on it because doesn't really bother me to skip past.

NanTheWiser Thu 08-Oct-20 16:51:54

Annoying, aren’t they!

Luckygirl Thu 08-Oct-20 17:33:36

They are indeed! - especially when you are doing a long search to find what you want!

merlotgran Thu 08-Oct-20 17:45:41

I agree they're annoying and if you don't click on the x carefully you get directed to their website.

Tweedle24 Thu 08-Oct-20 18:46:49

There is an adblocker available for a very small cost but, sometimes it has to be disabled for some websites

Chewbacca Thu 08-Oct-20 20:11:23

Bit disappointed! When I saw "aibu cookies" I clicked on it thinking it would be about calling biscuits "cookies". sad

Callistemon Thu 08-Oct-20 20:13:37

Chewbacca

Bit disappointed! When I saw "aibu cookies" I clicked on it thinking it would be about calling biscuits "cookies". sad

I thought it was going to be a nice recipe!