Gransnet forums

AIBU

DVLA humans are better.

(3 Posts)
Nandalot Fri 13-Nov-20 11:21:42

I have recently had a pacemaker and to stay legal have to report the fact to the DVLA. I started out trying to do this on the DVLA website. There I found I had to verify my identity which meant registering with another organisation. I chose the Post Office. I had to confirm my email address by inserting a code they sent me which meant sending DH upstairs to get reception on mobile. Somehow this took us four resends. He was not amused. Then passport details, then driving licence details...fair enough. Then they wanted credit card details. Feeling uncomfortable about this I decided to phone the DVLA. Phone answered in a couple of minutes. Lovely chap sorted it all out for me in less than five minutes . All that was needed was name and address! He also allayed my fears that the website I had been using was genuine and that they did indeed ask for all that information.
You couldn’t make it up!

Calendargirl Fri 13-Nov-20 12:54:27

A while ago, I struggled to get anywhere on the government website for tax, couldn’t properly put across what needed to be said, the information box wasn’t very user friendly.

I rang, answered quite promptly by a lovely lady working from home, sorted it all out in a friendly, efficient, professional manner. Put the phone down feeling very relieved.

Sometimes, it’s good to talk!

Devorgilla Fri 13-Nov-20 19:29:00

Glad you got it sorted. I hope your pacemaker works as well as mine does.