Gransnet forums

AIBU

Pet hates but keep it ‘nice’

(143 Posts)
nanna8 Sat 23-Jan-21 12:20:32

One of mine is interviewers on tv and radio who take over the interview and constantly interrupt with their viewpoint. Very,very annoying and there seems to be a lot of them these days. We need more like the wonderful Michael Parkinson.

grandtanteJE65 Thu 28-Jan-21 13:12:56

Commentators on the radio, who when introducing a classical concert give you the entire life history of the composer whose music you will be hearing, instead of just starting the programme.

Those of us who habitually listen to these concerts either know the life history of the composer or where to look it up.

Mummybear Thu 28-Jan-21 00:49:57

People eating with their mouth open please close you mouth when you are eating/chewing food

JanetG Wed 27-Jan-21 11:42:37

So.....I’m good, I have a window in my blue sky thinking for a win win situation. My bad!

Bellanonna Wed 27-Jan-21 11:37:31

I’m with you on different “to” Eloethan

nanna8 Wed 27-Jan-21 11:33:52

I’m beginning to really hate all the ads on Facebook. There seem to be more and more of them and I am considering leaving it.

Eloethan Tue 26-Jan-21 23:56:42

I wouldn't say "hates" but perhaps "irritants":

Newsreaders who say "the Pry Minister" - it seems to be most of them pronounce it that way.

Different to instead of different from.

My bad - infuriates me, plus I'm good.

I don't mind those ludicrous labels - like "serving suggestion only" when it is quite obvious that a steak and kidney pie, mashed potatoes and a selection of veg couldn't possibly fit into that small package. It makes me laugh.

nanna8 Tue 26-Jan-21 23:15:25

Totally with you there Callistemon!

This morning my pet hate is the possum who ate my tomatoes overnight. I was thinking I would pick some today and all that was there was - possum poo.

Callistemon Tue 26-Jan-21 23:01:06

Famous and rich celebrities who are on TV selling us products we don't particularly want or care about.

It really annoys me when Ant and Dec, Keira Knightley, that pouty blond American actor, etc etc are on our screens day after day when there must be so many struggling actors who could really do with the work are ignored in favour of these overpaid, over-indulged 'stars'.
Surely they can remember the days when they were unknown and struggling?

In fact, it puts me off the products.

Rant over!!

Gin Tue 26-Jan-21 23:00:18

Have just remembered another one. People who call their cats or dogs ‘fur babies’ Grrrrrr!

sodapop Tue 26-Jan-21 18:48:30

Yes why do they do that henetha that method of packaging has not changed in years.

Bellanonna Tue 26-Jan-21 15:10:33

All my grandchildren answer “I’m good”. If only....

Bellanonna Tue 26-Jan-21 15:07:22

Movies. Ok that proves I’m old, but what’s wrong with films?

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 26-Jan-21 14:15:45

So-called Juliet balconies - it's not a balcony, it's a big window with a barrier to prevent accidents. No way is it a balcony.

henetha Tue 26-Jan-21 10:41:00

The way mens shirts are sold with lots of wrappings.
Just hang them on hangers like ladies blouses!

gma Tue 26-Jan-21 08:54:26

When I ask somebody ‘how are you?’ And they reply ‘I’m good’ !!!

Witzend Tue 26-Jan-21 08:49:16

Ditto to ‘baby steps’ @Notinthemanual. Ugh!

Washerwoman Mon 25-Jan-21 18:56:45

As ever flytipping and litter.
But my latest pet hate is the number of programmes that have a constant background of jazzy music playing in the background .Cookery programmes like Nigellas.Eat well for less.Travel programmes etc for example.It's as if the producers think we need something extra to keep our attention.

Callistemon Mon 25-Jan-21 17:00:10

Lisa Nandy didnt let Andrew Marr interrupt her on Sunday - she just ploughed on regardless every time he tried and he stopped.
grin

Anniezee Mon 25-Jan-21 15:37:08

Interviewers who ask a question and don't follow through to actually get an answer.

Bellanonna Mon 25-Jan-21 13:51:03

sodapop

DJ on the radio this morning talking about the 'texes' she had sent. The plural of text is texts please.
On the theme of winners cornishpatsy why has one programme I know and dislike said there are no losers just runners up. No, there are winners and losers, save us from anyone having hurt feelings.

And the past tense of text is texted.

Gwyneth Mon 25-Jan-21 13:32:28

Callistemon your DH has really got me chuckling brilliant observation. ???

Gwyneth Mon 25-Jan-21 13:30:05

Yes him lemongrove forgot to mention the hair glad you did??

Callistemon Mon 25-Jan-21 13:26:24

lemongrove

Gwyneth

The sparkling white so fake teeth that you see on many celebrities these days. A car advert featuring one particular celebrity is one example. I just wonder if they look in the mirror and see how ridiculous they look. ?

Oh yes, him?Could his teeth be any whiter or his hair blacker?

DH did ask if he was real or had been manufactured in the car factory!

lemongrove Mon 25-Jan-21 13:25:34

Massive cardboard boxes from Amazon with a small item inside.

lemongrove Mon 25-Jan-21 13:23:57

I didn’t like the Parky interviews and found him too fawning.