Gransnet forums

AIBU

I feel so angry with Meghan & Harry

(240 Posts)
SecondhandRose Fri 05-Mar-21 17:37:52

All the drivel about privacy and they do an interview with Oprah. I feel ashamed for Harry that he feels the need to air his dirty linen in public. What do they get from this? I have no idea. Prince Philip is in hospital and I just feel like saying shame on you both.

Madgran77 Sun 07-Mar-21 07:19:05

Are you looking my gift horse in the mouth?

No cos its full of banana!! grin

V3ra Sun 07-Mar-21 00:13:58

A question in a quiz we've been doing this evening was:
Who said, "You define your own life"?
Huh, sounds like Meghan says I, rolling my eyes.
The answer? Oprah Winfrey... ?

bikergran when my husband was a young collections agent for a finance company he was actually offered a cup of tea in a jar by one "lady" he had to call on ?

Callistemon Sat 06-Mar-21 23:55:40

?

Watch out, I have my polo mallet handy, ready to quell disruptions.

LauraNorder Sat 06-Mar-21 23:49:12

I prefer trebor Callistemon, polo has that annoying little hole.

Callistemon Sat 06-Mar-21 23:28:42

bikergran

NellG I live in Accrington.

Is that Accrington Stanley?
Or is that a football team?

I'm more into polo myself ?

bikergran Sat 06-Mar-21 23:14:37

Well actually ! I was going to offer you all tea (out of a jam jar of course) & (cake from the whoopsie) counter.

But I'm not sure the mayor will allow riff raff into the Town.

As for the Dial a ride bus, the wheels were stolen whilst the occupants were searching in their carrier bags for their loose change to spend in the £1 shop.

The poor lass that was strapped to the roof lost her shoes(they didn't fit her that well anyway).

Please wipe your feet on the way out! grin

Callistemon Sat 06-Mar-21 23:11:55

nanna8

Nothing wrong with banana republics. They do call bananas lady’s fingers here after all.

And very delicious they are too.
The Aussies know how to grow posh bananas

NellG Sat 06-Mar-21 23:03:57

Ideal bikergran, you can show us all the good bits before we get thrown out for being rowdy.

bikergran Sat 06-Mar-21 22:58:26

NellG I live in Accrington.

LauraNorder Sat 06-Mar-21 22:40:28

Just Skyped my children to ask what the grandchildren would like for Easter. As they all had waffle makers for Christmas I have decided to give them a small hole around which to make their own donuts ?.
#generousgran

nanna8 Sat 06-Mar-21 22:16:54

Nothing wrong with banana republics. They do call bananas lady’s fingers here after all.

NellG Sat 06-Mar-21 21:53:33

It's a gift, to make you feel empowered as a woman. Are you looking my gift horse in the mouth?

Ellianne Sat 06-Mar-21 21:46:19

NellG

I can write it on a banana for you Ellianne wink

Are you being funny? I'm going to the oprah, not a Bananarama concert.

NellG Sat 06-Mar-21 21:31:14

I can write it on a banana for you Ellianne wink

Glasgo Sat 06-Mar-21 21:18:24

Only just reading this thread and laughing in my bed. So going back to the pjs my trousers legs are always up round my knees and the front waist twists round to the back. Can I be considered to join the inner sanctum? grin

Ellianne Sat 06-Mar-21 21:16:17

Namsnanny

No need for apologies everyone, I was just doing the same thing, and voicing my opinion!

EllianneIve got some lovely cream cashmere with a subtle fleck of silver running through it. Does that fit the bill? After all we dont want it to clash with the tiara do we?

Perfect Namsnanny, thank you.
Any chance anyone could also make me a jewelled necklace out of those love hearts with messages on? Like:
Be kind
You are strong
You are loved

Callistemon Sat 06-Mar-21 20:41:09

I'm a chocolate and fudge person myself!! grin

Gwyneth Sat 06-Mar-21 20:21:09

What’s wrong with fruit gums love a good chew!

Callistemon Sat 06-Mar-21 20:20:21

LauraNorder

Callistemon will have eaten all the fruit gums so don’t worry Maggiemaybe.

grin
Mr C will have eaten them all before I got there.

Callistemon Sat 06-Mar-21 20:18:22

So none of those cardboard ones with the fruit gums stuck on, if you please.

As if, Maggiemaybe! shock

They are real cut and paste. I'll have you know I am very well-heeled because I can turn a heel in a sock as well as HM! She taught me well.

Gwyneth Sat 06-Mar-21 20:18:09

Or mine maggiemaybe when I rescue it from the corgis. Can’t vouch for what state it will be in after the new pups have been playing tug of war with it though.

Smileless2012 Sat 06-Mar-21 20:01:49

Just think it would have been easier to knot the saggy bits Madgran but you go girlgrin.

I'm all for mitigating circumstances Gwyneth.

No Callistemon wouldn't do that Laura she's too much of a lady.

As I've turned down my interview with Oprah, realising my loyalties are with the RG I'm allowed to keep my tiara; trisher said so, so you can borrow mine Maggiemaybe.

LauraNorder Sat 06-Mar-21 19:46:34

Callistemon will have eaten all the fruit gums so don’t worry Maggiemaybe.

LauraNorder Sat 06-Mar-21 19:44:48

Aw guys blush

Maggiemaybe Sat 06-Mar-21 19:44:37

Callistemon

I can lend you an old tiara, Maggiemaybe, we have trunks full of them.
Perhaps we should sell some to mend the leaky roof on our stately pile of rubbish.

Oh fabulous, Callistemon. Though I am currently binge watching series 4 of The Crown and should make it clear that I am now accustomed to the very best. So none of those cardboard ones with the fruit gums stuck on, if you please.