Gransnet forums

AIBU

Katie Hopkins

(78 Posts)
nanna8 Mon 19-Jul-21 06:33:54

This disgusting apology for a human being has been allowed to come to my country and spout drivel against our lockdowns and hotel quarantine system and bully the hotel quarantine staff. I am pleased to say her contract with channel 7 has been cancelled but why was she allowed in when hundreds of thousands of expats desperate to return cannot get a flight in ? They should cancel her visa immediately and put her on the next plane back. We don’t need people like her here. She gives her countrymen a bad name.

Gabrielle56 Sun 25-Jul-21 12:47:02

You may have read it, but is it the case? All she apparently suffers from is stealing air from someone who actually makes a contribution to the planet......she's a desperate ugly little woman.in every sense of the term.poor children

Chestnut Tue 20-Jul-21 16:00:17

I have to admit she can make me laugh sometimes:
Perez Hilton Rant

25Avalon Tue 20-Jul-21 14:49:28

Must be love!

muffinthemoo Tue 20-Jul-21 14:27:34

Billybob4491

I wonder what Mr Hopkins is like.

www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/15639035/who-is-katie-hopkins-husband-mark-cross-and-how-many-children-do-they-have/

This is he

25Avalon Tue 20-Jul-21 12:47:29

Is there a Mr. Hopkins?

Billybob4491 Tue 20-Jul-21 12:40:32

I wonder what Mr Hopkins is like.

25Avalon Tue 20-Jul-21 12:30:23

Poor child

Rosie51 Tue 20-Jul-21 12:09:10

Parsley3

Does anyone remember the interview she did with Holly and Philip? She was famously explaining why she would not allow her children to play with a child who had a name that she didn’t like. Some names were just common eg Kevin and others were horribly geographical eg Brooklyn. At this point, Phil had to remind her that she had a daughter named India and Holly told her to “Stop it, just stop it.”
But she carried on regardless. Being outrageous is how she earned a living.

When she was reminded of her daughter India's name she got very defensive and didn't like her child being judged. Apparently India as a name is totally different to Brooklyn or Chelsea. confused

25Avalon Tue 20-Jul-21 11:50:58

Reading what she had to say I can only conclude she is totally mad!

Chewbacca Mon 19-Jul-21 23:19:52

She's fast running out of places to work, countries to visit and people who agree with her views. You'd think she'd have got the message of how abhorrent she is by now .....

Ellianne Mon 19-Jul-21 19:31:14

Thank heavens!

Dinahmo Mon 19-Jul-21 19:17:55

Just seen that they've already been for her and she was clothed.

Dinahmo Mon 19-Jul-21 19:15:31

Apparently when the immigration people come for her she's going to appear outside the front of the hotel naked, wearing nothing but a mask.

GillT57 Mon 19-Jul-21 18:36:13

Sorry muffin my apologies! You are correct, I got my toxic blondes mixed up.

muffinthemoo Mon 19-Jul-21 18:00:16

GillT57

Whitewavemark2

Bet she gets a job in GB News

That was the first thing I said! I bet she has 'broken' her contract to get back ready to take up a very relevant position with GB news. Maybe her lover Tice will turn up as well.

I thought Tice was still with Isabel Oakeshott who ran off and left her children for him?! Has he dumped her already?

muffinthemoo Mon 19-Jul-21 17:58:51

She was like this before she had brain surgery.

Her grift is to be a right wing blonde in the Ann Coulter mould, but she continually oversteps the line and gets her wrists slapped.

Nonogran Mon 19-Jul-21 16:18:31

I had the dubious pleasure of working for the same organisation she did for a short while.
She was very unpopular, and was soon given her marching orders.
She caused a lot of problems for staff and blackened her copy book big time with antics which ended up in the press.
There’s no doubt she’s bright & I quite enjoyed some of her work presentations, but my goodness, she’s best ignored now. I feel sorry for her (2nd) husband & children.

Infinity2 Mon 19-Jul-21 16:06:59

An uncle of mine used to always drone on about old people bankrupting the NHS, destroying society, being leeches, taking money, homes blah blah from younger people.
He was worse than this misguided woman as he wanted everyone put to sleep at 70.
Needless to say he died at 88.

Chewbacca Mon 19-Jul-21 15:25:54

She must be desperate for money by now, hence her going out to Australia to appear in a second rate reality tv show. She's accumulated huge litigation costs following her most recent court appearance and applied for an insolvency agreement. Her options are becoming limited.

JaneJudge Mon 19-Jul-21 15:11:59

I would imagine some of her comments put her children at risk and I wonder if she ever considers that

Parsley3 Mon 19-Jul-21 14:58:05

Does anyone remember the interview she did with Holly and Philip? She was famously explaining why she would not allow her children to play with a child who had a name that she didn’t like. Some names were just common eg Kevin and others were horribly geographical eg Brooklyn. At this point, Phil had to remind her that she had a daughter named India and Holly told her to “Stop it, just stop it.”
But she carried on regardless. Being outrageous is how she earned a living.

Kim19 Mon 19-Jul-21 14:53:50

She's certainly receiving plenty of coverage here.

GillT57 Mon 19-Jul-21 14:39:01

I do have a certain amount of respect for people who aren’t afraid to voice opinions which they know go against the current thinking, I totally agree, and can understand why people may crave fame, but Ms Hopkins is just plain nasty, cruel and vindictive and doesn't care whose lives she wrecks, as long as she gets her five minutes of fame/notoriety.

Granniesunite Mon 19-Jul-21 14:15:09

“When someone shows you who they are believe them the first time”.

I believe Katie Hopkins is exactly what she presents to the world.

JenniferEccles Mon 19-Jul-21 12:34:27

She certainly is not afraid to voice her forthright views, even though she must be aware of how most people perceive them.

Her public persona appears to be as controversial as possible.

I do have a certain amount of respect for people who aren’t afraid to voice opinions which they know go against the current thinking, but there has to be a limit and this woman certainly exceeds that limit.

Who the real Katie Hopkins is will probably remain a mystery.