Gransnet forums

AIBU

Having to sign in

(5 Posts)
nanna8 Tue 21-Dec-21 12:55:59

Being annoyed that all of a sudden I am being asked to sign in and give a password after so long without on gransnet. I have no idea what my password is so I rely on the computer.

Blossoming Tue 21-Dec-21 13:09:52

Sounds like your browsing history, cookies, etc. have been cleared. I’m only ever asked to sign in if I do a reboot, and my stored passwords are still there.

Shinamae Tue 21-Dec-21 13:12:04

I had this last week I could not sign in they kept saying my password was wrong even though I know it was right. I contacted the powers that be and they didn’t know what was going on either so changing my username temporarily got me back on the site but I have now changed my password, I hadn’t forgotten it but I have changed it anyway and now I can get in alright for now !!

Marydoll Tue 21-Dec-21 13:38:57

Blossoming

Sounds like your browsing history, cookies, etc. have been cleared. I’m only ever asked to sign in if I do a reboot, and my stored passwords are still there.

Me too, Blossoming.

Sometimes you need to clear your browsing history, (cache), Shinamae, if that happens.
In has happened to me a few times on GN and other sites, especially if you are a frequent internet user.
It is good IT housekeeping to do this every so often.

Ali08 Wed 22-Dec-21 18:56:34

I don't understand why they have a 'keep me signed in' box to tick, as every few days or so I'm required to sign in again!!
It's like the X's that are meant to make things disappear when you click on them but rarely work, especially on dumb adverts that have nothing in common with us!!