Gransnet forums

AIBU

Just had to put on a cardigan!

(56 Posts)
Dylis Fri 21-Aug-26 17:53:05

After weeks of hot sunshine I have had to put on a cardigan! A very weird experience to feel chilly in North Hampshire.
Is it chilly where you are?

Greenfinch Wed 26-Aug-26 20:26:11

Exactly the same in Berkshire. Still 27 degrees here today.

Fallingstar Wed 26-Aug-26 20:08:01

Here in London are looking for some much needed rain tomorrow, thunder storms predicted but we seem to getting these predictions then we wake up to sunshine and drought conditions.
Praying for rain 🙏🏾🙏🏾

Iam64 Wed 26-Aug-26 19:11:33

Crazy here in north Manchester but that isn’t new. 5-6 pm yesterday, very hot and sunny. Then Big Winds .Same time today we had rainbows. Early morning showers and fleece for dog walk, gardening at 4 pm v hot
Still perfect garden weather. Enough rain, enough sun

Tenko Wed 26-Aug-26 15:11:48

Still in short sleeves, shorts , or dress in Surrey . I wore a fleece to walk the dog at 7.30 but took it off after 10 minutes.

JenniRen Wed 26-Aug-26 11:27:50

Went out in cotton trousers and a short-sleeved top last night.

There was a brief but very heavy downpour about midnight. At least I won't have to water today.

Iam64 Wed 26-Aug-26 08:36:45

Definitely autumn here in the north west.

madeleine45 Wed 26-Aug-26 07:48:38

Well here in north yorkshire, yesterday was bliss for me. It was still warm enough to be able to go out in T shirt and trousers , but that wonderful autumny feeling, with that slight chilly edge to the morning, and gardens and paths looking already quite autumn style with leaves on the path. I love that but OH not in august !! This should be at the end of september Time to catch up with so many jobs that were put to one side in the heat!! Do you remember how we used to get out summer things and pack away winter stuff and then the season changed swap over. Well these days my wardrobe and drawers just stay full of stuff for all year, and I just bring things to the top of the pile as I need it!

Greenfinch Wed 26-Aug-26 06:46:58

Fan going all night here.

Margs Wed 26-Aug-26 02:28:56

The heavy-duty winter cardigans have been hauled out of the wardrobe and inspected for moths and holes in the elbows.

Oreo Wed 26-Aug-26 00:01:53

Same here Jennifer in fact it’s midnight and we have the fan on while we watch tv.
Rain, wot rain?

JenniferEccles Tue 25-Aug-26 22:55:16

Warm here in Berkshire so no need for a cardi!

Had a coffee in the garden late morning and had to put the sunshade up again as it was too hot in the sun.

Rain promised by the end of the week 🤞
I’ll believe it when I see it !

Georgesgran Tue 25-Aug-26 19:32:21

I’m just about to take DD2’s dog out. Chinos, wool socks, and a long sleeved fleece here. It’s positively chilly!
It’s no wonder we here in the north tend to have much higher energy bills?

JamesandJon33 Tue 25-Aug-26 19:24:46

Rain, fine at first and then heavy. You could practically hear the earth sucking it up. Chilly now and quite dark.

Grammaretto Tue 25-Aug-26 19:14:27

I put the heating on in the kitchen today.
I am in Scotland so it has never been too hot but it was really chilly sitting.

It's nearly September so Autumn is almost here.

Fallingstar Tue 25-Aug-26 16:00:12

26 degrees here in London am wearing shorts and a tee. We should be getting rain soon but wouldn’t bet on it. I really would love to be cool enough to need a cardi. And I can’t even begin to imagine putting the heating on. 😬

Harris27 Tue 25-Aug-26 15:56:44

Love this thread.😂

AmberGran Tue 25-Aug-26 15:46:10

Much, much cooler in NW Surrey. We're looking forward to our first rain of the year later this week - if it happens.

Have put the duvet back on the bed and wore a fleece top yesterday when we went out. Still in sandals but don't know how much longer that will last.

JenniRen Tue 25-Aug-26 14:49:32

It's 26C and getting more humid here too, West Country.

westendgirl Tue 25-Aug-26 14:47:58

Its really warm here in Greater London , too hot to walk the dog . It 's 25c but one of those feels like and looks to be forecast for the next few days.

Greenfinch Tue 25-Aug-26 14:46:27

No cardigan yet in my part of Berkshire. Today it is 26 degrees!

Rocketstop2 Tue 25-Aug-26 14:42:07

Well.. it 'Says' it's 18c here in West Yorkshire, but I'm feeling chilly in the house and have put cardi on. My bare feet are feeling cold too.It's quite breezy at the moment and dull.

labazs Tue 25-Aug-26 14:38:47

it is warmer today but the other night it was so chilly my hand hovered over the heated blanket switch when i was in bed! i did resist but it was tempting

TwiceAsNice Sat 22-Aug-26 16:38:29

Can’t remember what it’s like to wear a cardi. Still in a vest top here in Surrey

AGAA4 Sat 22-Aug-26 14:57:14

I've enjoyed having bare arms for months now but today I have had to put a cardigan on. It's a bit chilly here.

RosesandLilac Sat 22-Aug-26 10:01:18

I’m happily sitting here in a fleece top, chinos and socks. There’s a fleece throw on the bed and I had 2 hot water bottles last night.
I flatly refuse to put up with being chilly, equally I hate being too hot.
Fickle me!