Gransnet forums

AIBU

Asda online deliveries, rubbish!!😣

(17 Posts)
Fallingstar Sat 12-Sept-26 15:31:36

Was ordering online from Ocado due to dissatisfaction with Asda but decided to give them another go gut the past few weeks. However, after weeks of unavailable items or unsuitable substitutions, am calling today the last day I do this.
Today I had 3 unavailable items and four subs. Unfortunately the unavailable items are needed for dinner tonight when my DD and her family come round, son in law is coeliac so I can’t mess about with different food stuffs. We don’t drive - hence the need for online shops, so have had to ask our DD to bring items along for dinner tonight.
Will be Ocado next time.

Fallingstar Sat 12-Sept-26 15:32:19

* for the past few weeks

AGAA4 Sat 12-Sept-26 16:29:01

That's very annoying Fallingstar. The amount of unavailable and substitutions is not acceptable.

I have just had my delivery from Tesco. All present and correct and rarely have any problems.
I can understand you changing to someone more reliable

Fairislecable Sat 12-Sept-26 16:45:47

We occasionally shop online but when we do we use Ocado. There have not been any substitutions and everything is delivered in good condition with plenty of time on his best before date.

Jaxjacky Sat 12-Sept-26 16:47:48

I use Asda very occasionally for a couple of specific items, I order my whole ship, you’re right, they’re not very good.
Tesco is my regular delivery, no issues.

NotSpaghetti Sat 12-Sept-26 16:55:06

Maybe it depends on what you like to cook and your "regular" purchases.
Tesco doesn't work for me.

Luckygirl3 Sat 12-Sept-26 17:00:24

Ocado? .... round here? ... not a hope!

Fallingstar Sat 12-Sept-26 17:12:51

Ocado are good because when you order they will say what is out of stock and then offer options, Asda also say what is out of stock but when you order something that isn’t out of stock it then says it is unavailable just a couple of hours before delivery, giving people little chance to dash out and get the items.
I wonder how much of it is down to genuinely not having the item or staff who simply don’t look properly. Before my husband had a stroke and we had a delivery where items were unavailable he drove to our nearest store and surprise surprise the items were on the shelf and showed no signs of running low.

Grandma70s Sat 12-Sept-26 17:24:59

I’ve been having Ocado deliveries for many years. Very occasionally an item has been unavailable, but normally I get everything I want. I buy some household items from them as well. I have a midweek slot and delivery is free,

Fallingstar Sat 12-Sept-26 17:33:46

Grandma70s

I’ve been having Ocado deliveries for many years. Very occasionally an item has been unavailable, but normally I get everything I want. I buy some household items from them as well. I have a midweek slot and delivery is free,

I agree. Have tried Ocado and they deliver in bags so quick and easy and never missed an item.

pably15 Sat 12-Sept-26 18:35:52

I always get a Tesco delivery, and it's very seldom that something's out of stock...depends what you order I suppose.

Fallingstar Sat 12-Sept-26 18:43:13

pably15

I always get a Tesco delivery, and it's very seldom that something's out of stock...depends what you order I suppose.

Well it wasn’t anything unusual I can assure you, just ordinary everyday groceries.
And have had this happen with Asda before. Now I will take my custom elsewhere. Might even give Tesco a go seeing as members on here are happy with it.
Just won’t order peahen’s eggs and narwhal powdered horn next time (joking btw 😬)

Cossy Sat 12-Sept-26 18:46:56

We use Ocado for the nice treats and Tesco for the ā€œnormalā€ stuff and I use their annual delivery passes so I don’t pay for deliveries so can have pretty much any slot available.

Those thing I def do not want substituted I mark as ā€œno subsā€

Not too many things not avail and on the whole a pretty satisfactory service from both companies.

Redrobin51 Sat 12-Sept-26 21:51:19

I've had Tesco deliveries for years. You can choose to say whether you will accept a substitution and specify what you would like. It's not very often items are missing. I only use our local Asda for top up shops as too many people I know haven't been happy with their deliveries.

Luckygirl3 Mon 14-Sept-26 09:09:53

I have tried several but find Tesco the best for me as you can leave a note to the picker for each item. As I live alone I often ask for an item with a long eat by date and they always honour this. I have not found any other delivery supermarket that allows this.

You can also type in the word British so you can buy local rather than adding to air miles.

BlueBelle Mon 14-Sept-26 09:13:15

You’re all lucky to have the choice of Ocado They don’t deliver in my area so little choice I m not keen on Tesco, and anyway it too far from my home for me to use

Indigo8 Mon 14-Sept-26 09:33:09

I haven't used Asda for years for several reasons. It sounds as though things haven't improved. The last straw was when I had an early evening delivery booked and it didn't arrive within the time frame

I was told that the deliveries were running behind but it would be with me shortly.

Over an hour later I was told that the van had broken down but the delivery would be with me before ten pm. At about eleven I gave up and went to bed as I had to be up early for work the day.

Needless to say the delivery never arrived but I was still charged for it. It took a great deal of wasted time and effort before I managed to get a refund.