Gransnet forums

AIBU

Disappointed with expensive pressure wash in garden

(11 Posts)
shysal Mon 28-Sept-26 16:04:45

Sorry, forgot the link!
www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=wet+and+forget+&_sacat=181027&_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_odkw=wet+and+forget+5+litre&_osacat=181027&_sop=15

shysal Mon 28-Sept-26 16:02:50

MT62

shysal

It is a messy procedure, so for this reason I switched to 'Wet and Forget' or similar, and gave away my pressure washer. I only need to apply it every 2 years. The result is not instant, but over a week or more the surface lightens. It is useful for patios, fences, or shed. This year I used a watering can with wide spray rose instead of my sprayer, and the job was done in minutes! My 25 year old patio still looks like new!

What size bottle & how much please?

Here is a selection of products. I have used 'Spray and Leave' also, I think they all do the job. Please note that some are ready to use and others are a concentrate for dilution. If you want to buy in person, most garden centres and hardware shops sell them.

Georgesgran Mon 28-Sept-26 14:11:16

Same here - my garage door (double) was filthy as was the gate and lower brickwork. When I opened the garage door, there was mess half way up the garage floor and they’d dumped the wet detritus in my garden bin!

Unfortunately, DH was in hospital with sepsis at the time and I couldn’t be bothered to complain and just paid up. It was obvious he and his granddaughter were ‘travellers’ over from Cumbria looking for business, but I did want the work done. He contacted me again to suggest more cleaning and I gave him a very firm ‘no’.

NotSpaghetti Mon 28-Sept-26 13:59:04

Be wary of pressure washing the car.
It can damage the paintwork.

butterandjam Mon 28-Sept-26 13:40:40

I wouldn't have paid him at all, until he'd cleaned up the mess and washed the step as agreed.

MT62 Mon 28-Sept-26 13:29:11

shysal

It is a messy procedure, so for this reason I switched to 'Wet and Forget' or similar, and gave away my pressure washer. I only need to apply it every 2 years. The result is not instant, but over a week or more the surface lightens. It is useful for patios, fences, or shed. This year I used a watering can with wide spray rose instead of my sprayer, and the job was done in minutes! My 25 year old patio still looks like new!

What size bottle & how much please?

shysal Mon 28-Sept-26 13:04:03

It is a messy procedure, so for this reason I switched to 'Wet and Forget' or similar, and gave away my pressure washer. I only need to apply it every 2 years. The result is not instant, but over a week or more the surface lightens. It is useful for patios, fences, or shed. This year I used a watering can with wide spray rose instead of my sprayer, and the job was done in minutes! My 25 year old patio still looks like new!

Shel1951 Mon 28-Sept-26 11:51:32

Happened to me in my last house, next door washed their walls with a pressure washer and the dirt went over my car, I knocked and said when you've finished could you run the washer over my car? Only all your much has gone over it, she wasn't happy but the bloke did it , only right

Usedtobeblonde Mon 28-Sept-26 11:42:32

This happened to me a few years ago.
I complained ,nothing happened , I wrote off the experience.
Some battles aren’t worth fighting sadly.

NotSpaghetti Mon 28-Sept-26 11:19:10

Our next-door neighbour had their drive done and the mess in ours (and front door and wall and porch and step) was unbelievable!

It had come through a pretty thick hedge!

Boomer1947 Mon 28-Sept-26 10:54:30

AIBU to expect the dirty water splashes to be wiped clean from back of gate etc when pressure wash completed?
Quite a high price agreed for job to be done when i was at work. Doorsteps not included and when i pointed this out he claimed "misunderstood what you wanted". He is on holiday now but i will ask him to come back to clean the doorsteps and not expect extra cash for doing so.
My main irritation is, however, with the dirty water splashes which i now need to add to my list of chores.
Would be interested to have your opinion.