Gransnet forums

AIBU

Polite Driving

(6 Posts)
Aveline Fri 09-Oct-26 16:15:57

Just wave. It won't kill you.

Tenko Fri 09-Oct-26 15:37:41

Sarnia

I find it petty. Courtesy on the road is diminishing. Surely, we don't need to add to it. Signal with a smile!

That’s my attitude, plus having lived in my area for 33 years I’m likely to encounter someone I know .

Sarnia Fri 09-Oct-26 15:34:00

I find it petty. Courtesy on the road is diminishing. Surely, we don't need to add to it. Signal with a smile!

4allweknow Fri 09-Oct-26 14:53:04

Mopsie, you are driving to standard driving guidance ie obstruction on other side of road and your side is clear you should be able to proceed. Note the "should be ". Some drivers think they own all the road.

Tenko Fri 09-Oct-26 14:41:31

I signal thank you to most drivers, whether the obstruction is my side or theirs . It drives me nuts when drivers ignore you and sail through .

Mopsie Fri 09-Oct-26 14:32:39

I have decided, due to increasing lack of courtesy on the roads that I will only signal ‘thank you’ if I have to negotiate an obstruction by driving on the other side of the road.
If I continue on my side and car coming towards me can’t proceed because of cars parked on their side I’ve decided it’s unnecessary to thank them for letting me continue my journey 😂
I will always thank someone who stops to let me through their side.
How petty is this? 🤭