Gransnet forums

AIBU

Hair gone haywire

(2 Posts)
Oreo Sat 10-Oct-26 15:54:28

Professional hair colour usually improves the hair I find, as my hair has more shine and bounce.However there is no bleach in the colours I have done.
Could that be the problem? What does your hairdresser say? Do you have it permed?

honeyrose Sat 10-Oct-26 15:36:16

I have curly hair (or did, not so long ago!) and it’s coloured, but the condition of it is now terrible. I should lay off the hair dye (I have it done professionally) but I just don’t feel ready to go grey. I feel pretty sure that the hair dye has affected the condition of my hair. The curl has all but disappeared, it’s gone frizzy in places and I feel very self-conscious of it. Can anyone recommend anything to bring back some life (and curl, or wave) to my hair please? I’m early 70’s by the way.