Gransnet forums

AIBU

Shopping list app

(12 Posts)
Tigerdove Mon 06-Apr-20 18:18:40

I’d put this under technology but can’t find how to it. As it is so difficult to get a delivery slot my dgs2 has volunteered to get my shopping. He is a lovely lad but he doesn’t really do shopping and I need an app which shows him a picture of what I actually want. Recently I asked for shower clean spray and got disinfectant!!

Chestnut Mon 06-Apr-20 18:23:22

Can you make up an order on the supermarket website and then print it for him? You may be able to put the items in your online basket even if you don't order them.

travelsafar Mon 06-Apr-20 18:26:33

That made me laugh Tigerdove, i can imagine your face when you unpacked. I was sharply told by my son that bird seed is NOT an essential shopping item!!! smile

rosenoir Mon 06-Apr-20 18:49:21

Do you whattsapp? he could walk around the shop consulting you and showing you anything he is not sure of.

Birdwatcher4 Tue 07-Apr-20 08:14:25

Yes WhatsApp my grandson does a splendid shop with my WhatsApp lists and photos of certain items he might have difficulty with .

jusnoneed Tue 07-Apr-20 08:24:58

Could you do a click and collect order? Then you choose what is bought and your grandson just goes to collect it and gets it back to you.

Pikachu Tue 07-Apr-20 08:35:38

Click & Collect slots usually full too.

Beechnut Tue 07-Apr-20 08:46:59

rosenoir your post made me smile and think of the man I saw shopping on Saturday.
He was holding up his phone and moving it across the sanitary products shelf. ?

LullyDully Tue 07-Apr-20 08:48:45

travelsafar we found our son becoming quite assertive. Makes me laugh. Just wish both my sons lived nearer to shop .

A neighbour shopped for us yesterday and couldn't find quorn sausages so bought some veggie sausages named " little willies"!!!!

Beechnut Tue 07-Apr-20 09:03:10

???

ninathenana Tue 07-Apr-20 09:18:42

Sounds like Whatsapp is your solution.
Another way would to be take a pic of anything you think he might be unsure of and send it with the list.

Canalboatgranma Tue 07-Apr-20 13:05:15

Why can't bird seed be an essential? If watching birds attracted to your bird feeder is good for your mental wellbeing, then it's an essential.