Gransnet forums

AIBU

Neighbours dogs

(13 Posts)
Allsorts Wed 29-Jun-22 14:24:37

New neighbours don’t walk their dogs, big dogs just kept in, never a walk or a run, they let them have the run of neighbouring gardens in the very early hours, about 2,.30. No one willing to stay up that late, with work and such, a gardener used to go but stopped because of the problem,. Piles of dog poo just left on lawns, they really are awful neighbours.

Septimia Wed 29-Jun-22 14:28:09

If the dogs are running in private gardens, then I suggest investing in some of those ultrasonic gadgets that dogs can hear but we can't, in the hope that the ultrasonic noises deters the dogs.

Smileless2012 Wed 29-Jun-22 14:30:22

Contact the RSPCA Allsorts it's a welfare issue as much as an anti social one,

H1954 Wed 29-Jun-22 14:34:12

Septimia

If the dogs are running in private gardens, then I suggest investing in some of those ultrasonic gadgets that dogs can hear but we can't, in the hope that the ultrasonic noises deters the dogs.

Yes, my thoughts exactly! I've got one to deter the local moggies, I was in the front garden recently when a neighbour was walking his newly acquired rescue dog, he stopped to chat but the dog wouldn't come anywhere near.

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 29-Jun-22 14:51:52

Please report this to the RSPCA. The dogs are being neglected.

Floradora9 Wed 29-Jun-22 14:53:13

In Scotland the local dog warden will deal with this .

mokryna Wed 29-Jun-22 14:57:01

The problem with those gadgets with high pitched noises we can’t hear, young children can. Test them on your DGC who are capable of talking and ask them because babies can’t. It was at one time a great joke with teenagers to let them off in class when the teacher couldn’t hear it.

icanhandthemback Wed 29-Jun-22 14:58:53

Just get a video camera which works when it senses movement. Then show it to the Dog Warden and let them sort it out.

LadyStardust Wed 29-Jun-22 15:01:44

The RSPCA will only intervene if the dogs needs aren't being met. Needs = food and water. I've had experience of reporting what I considered to be very neglected dogs, but was told their needs were being met, so there was no need for them to get involved. I had issues with kids throwing stones and bricks at horses on a regular basis, but the RSPCA didn't care. I'm sure they do a sterling job in some ways but I have yet to witness this on any level.

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 29-Jun-22 15:25:16

Dogs also need to get outside during daylight hours, not be allowed to roam in the early hours. How do they get to do their business during the day? What conditions must they live in? These dogs’ needs are being neglected - please do call the RSPCA.

Redhead56 Wed 29-Jun-22 19:28:50

What vile neighbours there is always a family like that no matter where you live. Our local RSPCA recently closed down and we don’t have a dog warden council cut right back.
We have passive lights security cameras and I bought a sign … You will be on camera take your dog poo home with you.
We were told by the home watch it’s legal so it’s what we did.
A few times the sign was ignored but its only a rare occurrence now.

Patsy70 Wed 29-Jun-22 19:52:07

icanhandthemback Spot on! Dogs need the freedom to run, walk with RESPONSIBLE OWNERS. If that isn’t happening then the local council dog wardens or RSPCA/rescue centre should be alerted. Suggest you do this Allsorts.

Ali08 Sun 03-Jul-22 21:18:17

Can you ask for fences to be put up to stop the dogs going onto communal areas, or out of their own garden?
Bag up some of the poo, and leave it on their doorstep, not quite securely tied!