Gransnet forums

AIBU

Terrorist

(10 Posts)
Sallywally1 Thu 11-Aug-22 17:42:40

I am so angry about the four terrorists being called the Beatles. What a cheek, just because they were ‘British’. I adored the Beatles and loathe these terrorists. I’m surprised the remaining Beatles did not have a word or two to say about this!

Also, why has the latest been allowed to come back here? Let him rot in Turkey jail for the rest of his life as far as I am concerned.

Maudi Thu 11-Aug-22 17:45:34

I agree should have let him rot in a Turkish prison, over here he'll think he's at a holiday camp. Soft touch Britain.

Kate1949 Thu 11-Aug-22 17:47:39

I too have been fuming about them being called The Beatles. I too adored The Beatles. They were the opposite of this shower.

volver Thu 11-Aug-22 19:01:57

It was their captives who dubbed them the Beatles due to their English accents. I think it would be churlish to complain to them - even if they were still here - or their surviving families, wouldn't it?

geekesse Thu 11-Aug-22 19:54:24

Really? So a terrorist who was wanted in the U.K. was deported by Turkey after seven and a half years in prison in Ankara. He was arrested and charged with terrorism offences as soon as he arrived in Britain. What exactly is there to be ‘so angry’ about?

Franbern Sat 13-Aug-22 08:07:07

My goodness, with everything that is happening in the world, and in this country at present, do wonder at people feeling so upset (angry) about a name!!!!!

Kate1949 Sat 13-Aug-22 09:30:01

It's possible to be angry about big things and small things.

volver Sat 13-Aug-22 09:31:16

So are you still angry about them being called the Beatles?

Sallywally1 Sun 14-Aug-22 06:41:40

Let’s say irritated, rather than angry! I am angry about lots of things, both big and small.
I think I was more irritated that the was being moved back to the UK. He has been responsible for many atrocities and I feel he should have stayed where he was and nit brought back to the UK.

M0nica Sun 14-Aug-22 07:09:19

Individuals and groups often get given nicknames based on more famous people.

This man is British and in a British prison. At best this nickname is a minor niggle or slight shrug of the shoulders. In my case a roll of the eyes as it is such a banal and obvious nickname.