Gransnet forums

AIBU

To ask for your experience of scalp cyst removal?

(12 Posts)
Dazy Thu 18-Jan-24 14:28:32

Because mine seems to have gone horribly wrong. It feels so awfully tight, like someone is constantly yanking a fistful of my hair

Dazy Thu 18-Jan-24 14:31:37

I should add that I had the same surgery twenty years ago and it was a breeze. Local anaesthetic and a little cut sewn up . This one though, the surgeon was so rough and felt heavy handed but the tightness was evident even when my scalp was completely numbed.
Feels really painful had it done yesterday and the pain of someone pulling my hair is making me wonder if he's stitched me too tight. and what now ?

crazyH Thu 18-Jan-24 14:40:42

Dazy - give it a couple of days. There’s probably a bit of post-op swelling. If you don’t feel better by tomorrow, give them a call . Hope you feel better soon

Dazy Thu 18-Jan-24 14:55:47

Thank you crazyh , need some reassurance!

SierraDrake Thu 14-Mar-24 08:32:17

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

NotSpaghetti Thu 14-Mar-24 08:47:24

Hope it's all settled down by now.

LilyoftheValley Thu 14-Mar-24 12:05:02

No problems with mine. I was advised to place a little vaseline on top before washing hair. For about a week as I recall.

Callistemon21 Thu 14-Mar-24 12:52:53

LilyoftheValley

No problems with mine. I was advised to place a little vaseline on top before washing hair. For about a week as I recall.

Yes, I was advised to use Vaseline on a scar that DH has.
Bio oil is also good.

When it heals properly, massage vaseline or bio oil into the scar gently. I wouldn't worry about your hair looking a bit greasy, healing is more important. You could wear a hat if you go out. 🙂

SierraDrake Fri 29-Mar-24 09:40:45

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Georgesgran Fri 29-Mar-24 09:46:46

Reported.

Katie59 Fri 29-Mar-24 11:59:50

I did have one that was irritating me and growing, the dermatologist used cryotherapy (froze it) it disappeared and hasn’t recurred.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 29-Mar-24 14:49:32

Your skin should relax after a couple of days. My sister recently had a melanoma removed from her scalp and the scar was huge. It felt tight for quite some time but it did relax after a time. She used Vaseline as well.