Gransnet forums

Charities

Looking for work

(9 Posts)
annodomini Mon 27-Aug-12 19:51:28

You've said on another thread that you are a jobbing artist. Would you like to tell us more about that? Does it mean that you've been a freelance?

Littlenellie Mon 27-Aug-12 18:57:03

We are listening if you are ready to talk about what is hurting you sdr flowers

Annika Mon 27-Aug-12 18:28:03

SdR I have felt like that somtimes, its a horrible place to be.
Please try and look on the postive side of things, is it more than just looking for work that is making you feel like this.
You are not being unreasonable at all. Our lives change and we take on different roles, some we embrace others we are taken there kicking and screaming all the way. You are not alone with this.
What sort of work would you like to do or are you happy to take on most things. I know its easier said than done but please try and stay positive flowers

nanaej Mon 27-Aug-12 17:39:15

It's not unreasonable... but sometimes it feels impossible. flowers

Keep positive though... after a lean period for me when I was beginning to feel a down at the waste of my skills /experience something turned up and I have some p/t work out of the blue.

What type of work are you looking for?

vampirequeen Mon 27-Aug-12 16:56:17

Do you want to tell us what's happened hunni x

AlisonMA Mon 27-Aug-12 15:55:06

You are in a bad way SdR what's the problem?

jeni Mon 27-Aug-12 15:54:47

?

Nanadogsbody Mon 27-Aug-12 15:47:01

What's up SdR?

SdR Mon 27-Aug-12 15:38:16

Does anybody else out there want a job that brings in a little more money to the coffers; a job that uses all or some of their many years' experiences and gets them out into the community of workers (whatever age) to feel useful again?
Or am I alone in being so unreasonable and should I just start counting the days till I die!