Gransnet forums

Charities

FREE Mencap Wills and Trusts events for families of children with a learning disability

(1 Post)
KatrinaMencap Thu 30-Aug-12 11:12:30

Hi Grans,

My name's Katrina and I work in the Wills and Trusts team at Mencap. I wanted to let you know about the next lot of Planning for the Future seminars that we have taking place in the South Central and South West regions during September and October 2012.

At Mencap, we understand that parents, grandparents and carers worry about how their loved one with a learning disability will manage their financial affairs when they are no longer around - and are often concerned that a large amount of money may put them in a vulnerable position. Families may also be keen to ensure that their loved one with a learning disability continues to receive their means-tested state benefits, but still enjoys any family inheritance.

A local solicitor with experience of drafting wills and trusts for the benefit of people with a learning disability is present at all these FREE 2 hour seminars, and they are an ideal opportunity to ask any questions that you may have with regards to your family will.

The next seminars will be taking place in the following locations:

Monday 17th September, 12.30pm - 2.30pm - Reading, Berkshire
Tuesday 18th September, 12.30pm - 2.30pm - Salisbury, Wiltshire
Wednesday 19th September, 12.30pm - 2.30pm - Thame, Oxfordshire
Thursday 20th September, 12.30pm - 2.30pm - Banbury, Oxfordshire
Friday 21st September, 12.30pm - 2.30pm - Portsmouth, Hampshire

Monday 8th October, 12.30pm - 2.30pm - Bristol, Avon
Tuesday 9th October, 12.30pm - 2.30pm - Taunton, Somerset
Wednesday 10th October, 12.30pm - 2.30pm - Redruth, Cornwall
Thursday 11th October, 12.30pm - 2.30pm - Paignton, Devon
Friday 12th October, 12.30pm - 2.30pm - Poole, Dorset

Details of events taking place in other regions throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland can be found on our website at http://www.mencap.org.uk/pffe

These seminars are always very popular, so please book your place(s) as soon as possible. All places and venue details will be confirmed in writing 2 weeks before the event.

To book your place at any of the events please use our online booking form: http://www.mencap.org.uk/webform/book-place-planning-future-event

Alternatively, please contact Gina Collins on 020 7696 6925 or email [email protected]

If you have any questions or would like more information, please feel free to contact me directly on 020 7696 5615. I look forward to speaking to you.

Best wishes,
Katrina