Gransnet forums

Charities

Say NO to Domestic Abuse

(14 Posts)
Suuze Sun 28-Apr-13 18:05:37

Hi Vegasmags
Thank you so much for your response. I'll pm you now. it's just very generic office organisation stuff really - the stuff us ladies do all the time.

vegasmags Sun 28-Apr-13 09:48:33

I might be able to help. I live in your neck of the woods. I'm reasonably computer literate, but I'm not sure exactly what administrative skills you're looking for. Could you please pm me with further details. I'd like to help if I can.

Butty Sun 28-Apr-13 08:38:33

Suuze Hope you find a volunteer soon.

Suuze Sun 28-Apr-13 08:07:26

Thank you for all of your lovely comments folks. I'm still searching for that Stockport person but there is a local Women's Aid in almost every Borough/County/City so i know are always seeking women with a few free hours to spare and would really appreciate your offers to help. Local contacts can be found using the National Women's Aid website www.womensaid.org.uk smile

Goose Fri 26-Apr-13 22:10:32

Suuze If there's any volunteers needed in Oxford, I'm top of the list x

glassortwo Fri 26-Apr-13 22:08:53

suuze I hope you manage to find someone, if you had been in the North East I would have willing helped out.

cathy Fri 26-Apr-13 22:06:08

Thanks I will do that, what a good cause!

annodomini Fri 26-Apr-13 20:07:40

Wish I could help, Suuze. I am a CAB volunteer in your part of the world and if I think of anyone who would fit your bill, I'll try to put them in your direction.

Elegran Fri 26-Apr-13 19:29:02

There is a need for volunteers everywhere. The library will point you in the right direction.

Greatnan Fri 26-Apr-13 19:14:03

Why not get the addresses from your local library, Cathy? I am sure there is a great need for volunteers in London.

cathy Fri 26-Apr-13 18:25:42

Ok well I would be more than happy to help if there is any help needed in Londonsmile

Elegran Fri 26-Apr-13 17:59:09

cathy I am sure there is something similar near you. They would love your help.

cathy Fri 26-Apr-13 17:56:48

I wish you were closer to me as I would have loved to help. [I am from London)

All strength to you, you are doing a very worth while job!!

Suuze Fri 26-Apr-13 17:32:39

We are a local Women's Aid charity in Stockport, Greater Manchester offering a range of services to support women and children affected by domestic abuse. We really need an exceptional volunteer with administrative skills who could spare around 4 hours each week to help us to stay organised in our office. We are a friendly, female team and very, very busy
If you think you could help, please reply either on this thread or via email at [email protected] and thank you.