Gransnet forums

Charities

Gifts for Australians, with love from Africa

(8 Posts)
ffinnochio Fri 13-Dec-13 10:08:36

Good links Jess for a good charity.

Agus Fri 13-Dec-13 09:57:07

Just ordered the telephone wire bowl for DD2 in Brisbane. Beautiful colours and I know she will love it. Thanks for the link Jess you actually saved me having to go out shopping, search for a pressie and post it off today. The fact it is also for a good cause gives added meaning.

JessM Fri 13-Dec-13 09:56:11

Yes very smooth online shopping. Worth looking at at the Facebook page as well. Impressed with you Dr Catherine.
https://www.facebook.com/DrCatherineHamlin

JessM Fri 13-Dec-13 09:44:06

I've found you can nearly always online shop successfully from uk to Australia. Occasional exceptions where their forms don't accept the UK address formula (what do you mean you don't live in a suburb?)
The only other snag is some big brands lure you in and then you realise you are no longer on an Australian website. had this recently with the official Lego site. Price looks good but why are you charging me $30 postage... ah yes, we have crossed a few oceans and you are charging international shipping. Amazon too, very confusing as you don't even know what kind of dollars you are paying in. I am going to order a scarf for my DS2 shortly, so I will report back. smile

sunseeker Fri 13-Dec-13 09:30:02

Had a look on the website and can't say there is anything there that I would want to buy, although some of the scarves are nice, wonder if they deliver to UK. Thank you for bringing this charity to my attention - think I will just make a donation rather than buy something

Oldgreymare Fri 13-Dec-13 09:21:35

How odd, suddenly clicking on your link brings up the dreaded 'not allowed' icon! It allowed me access a few moments ago! HRMPH!

Oldgreymare Fri 13-Dec-13 09:19:04

I've donated to Eithiopiaid for a while now; they also support, amongst other things, the Fistula charity. I do like the idea of the Charity Shop tho'. Is it available to U.K. punters?

JessM Fri 13-Dec-13 08:36:36

If any of you have friends or relatives in Australia you might like to support this online charity shop. The charity do good work in Ethiopia on the prevention and cure of disastrous obstetric injuries that occur if women have obstructed births and inadequate obstetric care. sad
store.hamlin.org.au