Gransnet forums

Charities

knitting for charity

(10 Posts)
janerowena Wed 25-Mar-15 23:00:55

They are. I wonder if it's because you need to be patient?

rosequartz Wed 25-Mar-15 19:31:51

smile

knitfornowt Wed 25-Mar-15 19:22:30

Sorry, pressed 'post' too soon - meant to say that it's really nice of all of you to comment on my scheme, and be so positive, I really appreciate that, even if you aren't able to help just now. What nice people knitters are!!

knitfornowt Wed 25-Mar-15 19:13:34

Many thanks! That's really kind of you.

janerowena Tue 17-Mar-15 12:20:57

I shall certainly mention it at our knitting group, but most of them are still learning so I feel lucky if one of them manages to present me with more than half a dozen rows done over the course of the week. Even then there will usually be twice as many stitches or holes as there were when I last saw their efforts! But good luck, and maybe soon it will all 'click' with them, we have only been going for two months.

J52 Tue 17-Mar-15 11:39:04

I have been knitting jumpers for African anti natal packs, but will now include some for your charity. x

rosequartz Tue 17-Mar-15 11:04:32

I am not in that area and I knit for Syrian refugee children, but good luck with your project!

Liz46 Tue 17-Mar-15 09:29:16

I belong to a knitting group. We meet in the local library and it is a social as well as a useful occasion. We mostly knit children's clothes which are sold and all the proceeds go to a local premature baby unit. We raised over £1,000 last year. Some of the group make hats for the local homeless people.

Maggiemaybe Tue 17-Mar-15 00:21:23

Hi knitfornowt. For some reason the knitting/crocheting gene that the rest of the women in my family all had passed me by. I don't/can't knit, and have only ever managed to finish a very grubby pair of bootees for my DD1. But I have had a look at your website and just wanted to say what a fantastic scheme this is, and to wish you and all the knitters every success with it.

All power to your needles! flowers

knitfornowt Mon 16-Mar-15 11:47:35

Hi, I have just started a new scheme to donate knitted items to local people in need here in Yorkshire. I know lots of you knit for sending abroad, but I have had requests from many professionals who are working with those who are suffering from deprivation, especially children, right here. If you could knit anything warm - scarves, hats, blankets, gloves, jumpers etc. (any size), my scheme 'Knit for Nowt', will donate them to organisations working in deprived areas, mostly in Hull and East Yorks. If you are local to that area, we can collect. Could anyone help please? Go to www.knitfornowt.org