Gransnet forums

Charities

Silver Line Abseil

(6 Posts)
silver16 Wed 31-Aug-16 15:13:23

Hello All!

I would like to introduce myself as the Challenge Event & Community Fundraiser at The Silver Line.

The Silver Line is the UK’s only free, confidential, 24-hour helpline for older people available every day and night of the year offering a friendly chat, listening ear, information and advice. The response to our service has been staggering – we have received over 1,000,000 since we launched.

I wanted to let you know The Silver Line have organised a free fall abseil day at The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and we would love an older person to be taking part on the day! For just £50 and a further fundraising commitment you will experience a panorama that includes iconic buildings such as The Shard, Big Ben, The Gherkin, St Paul’s, Canary Wharf and Wembley Stadium whilst raising vital funds for The Silver Line.

We would love to have you on Team Silver Line so those interested should get in touch with Iain, on 020 3409 3863.

The Silver Line was founded by Dame Esther Rantzen over two years ago to deal with the epidemic of loneliness in the older population.

Best Regards,

Charleygirl Wed 31-Aug-16 15:31:44

I do not think that my joint replacements, pins and plates would be up to it. apart from the minor fact I am not crazy about heights! Sorry, you will have to look elsewhere.

Anya Wed 31-Aug-16 15:54:48

I find it helps if dates for events are given!!! hmm

Anya Wed 31-Aug-16 15:55:50

Even if it is a wind up grin

Anya Wed 31-Aug-16 15:57:11

Luckily the schools go back soon smile

Maggiemaybe Wed 31-Aug-16 16:20:11

It's on 1 October. But no, I'm not volunteering!

www.thesilverline.org.uk/silver-line-olympic-abseil-day/