Gransnet forums

Charities

Rare Illnesses

(2 Posts)
mgtrob22 Sun 23-Jun-19 11:21:03

My son was diagnosed in 2008 with Granulomatosis with Polyangitis (Vasculitis). This is a rare illness which is put into remission with Chemotherapy. He has relapsed twice almost losing his vision the first time when it was discovered that he also has a jugular thrombosis. He has won many awards competing in triathlons which he still took part in when undergoing treatment. I started fund raising in 2008 and a few months ago self-published "A BOOK OF VERSES TO MAKE YOU SMILE." I gathered together funny poems from some very talented poets and a local artist illustrated the book for me. I have sold just under 200 copies.The cost of each book is £6.50 and postage £2. (I have raised the money to cover the cost of printing) All the money raised goes to Vasculitis UK which is run by volunteers who nearly all suffer from this life-threatening illness. Can anyone advise me how I can get publicity for the book enabling me to sell more copies please?

Oceangirl82 Fri 13-Sep-19 03:22:05

Are you still around, I have lots of experience of charities, fundraising etc and think I can help with ideas/advice.