Gransnet forums

Charities

Project Fun

(12 Posts)
Nordog Mon 15-Jul-19 14:15:32

Thank you dragonfly46, even if you're not needing this help yet your friends might be glad of the help. I am not needing these bike as a passenger yet but my wife sure does and my youngest cousin.

Nordog Mon 15-Jul-19 14:11:55

3Dognight, you said:
I have always cycled, never passed my driving test, I find it quite relaxing. I am more stiff and wobbly these days though. Well done those who are piloting the trishaw, they must have very strong thigh muscles! end Quote.
All the bikes are electric assisted powered, like my new ebike

dragonfly46 Sun 14-Jul-19 10:47:05

There are a couple near us I think. It is a great idea.

Nordog Sun 14-Jul-19 10:44:15

Teetime, if you give me your town name I can look up the nearest if there is a chapter.

Nordog Sun 14-Jul-19 10:42:04

3dognight, are you still cycling?

Nordog Sun 14-Jul-19 10:41:09

You don't get on this bike you more of walk onto it Jane10.

3dognight Fri 12-Jul-19 16:36:12

I have always cycled, never passed my driving test, I find it quite relaxing. I am more stiff and wobbly these days though. Well done those who are piloting the trishaw, they must have very strong thigh muscles!

Jane10 Fri 12-Jul-19 16:27:47

I wouldn't dream of getting on a bike. It's one of those 'for those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like' activities.
Now bridge...

Teetime Fri 12-Jul-19 16:03:29

No I dont think so.

Nordog Fri 12-Jul-19 13:11:56

Teetime, thank for the encouraging words.
Is there a chapter near you for your older friends that might like to be taken out on a bike ride?

Teetime Fri 12-Jul-19 09:35:55

It looks wonderful. I couldn't do it but would love to. My experience of starting something like this up (in my case Walking Netball) is very rewarding and you will making a lot of people healthier and happier. Good Luck with it. xx

Nordog Fri 12-Jul-19 09:11:18

I'm an old chap from the early IDF days, someone might remember?
I am hoping to start a chapter of Cycling Without Age, in my small local Town. If you have a chapter in your town then please ignore this post or let me know of their existence and how they are doing with their passengers especially if you have been out cycling with them, you might well be a volunteer pilot?
Take a look at the videos and have read, see what you think like me you might decide to start a Chapter: cyclingwithoutage.org/