Gransnet forums

Charities

Photographers helping Children and Families in Ukraine

(6 Posts)
NotSpaghetti Tue 26-Apr-22 12:48:01

Just thought I'd flag this up:
Have bought a couple of lovely photos and I think it's only going to be available for 2 more days.
Proceeds to charity.
My daughter is buying one as a gift too. All sorts of images, all sorts of styles.
donate2022.birdinflight.com/

NotSpaghetti Tue 26-Apr-22 12:50:32

Here's the text:
Charity sale "Photographers to Children"
by Bird in Flight 15 - 29 April 2022
The Ukrainian online magazine Bird in Flight is specialized in visual culture and largely recognized in the art world. They launch a 2 weeks online charity sale of the works of 74 Ukrainian photographers, "Photographers to Children". Each presented work will be available in several copies.

100% of the benefits will be donated to Smile UA, an association in Zaporizhzhia taking care of children, many of whom are refugees from Mariupol.

Bird in Flight and Peace for Art teams have known each other for a long time. Peace for Art is partnering with Bird in Flight to carry out this action by handling the logistics of the sale, with the precious support of the association Ensemble Ukraine, thus allowing Bird in Flight to secure a 100% donation of the profits to Smile UA.

- the printing of the sold pictures
- purchase of packaging and protective materials
- shipping of orders

michaelims Fri 01-Jul-22 10:09:57

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

stolzmax Wed 27-Jul-22 11:08:45

This war is horrible...poor people of Ukraine

Elena26 Mon 27-Mar-23 09:55:46

I moved to Ukraine and I am here now. I help people in any way I can.

NotSpaghetti Mon 27-Mar-23 11:39:11

I don't know if this charity is still helping people with art sales as it was originally a short term project- but my photos from them are not only really beautiful/interesting but also remind me to be thankful for what I have.
Elena I wish you well in Ukraine.
💐