Gransnet forums

Chat

Social Events

(9 Posts)
glassortwo Thu 16-Jun-11 11:34:07

Behave pompa grin

joan go on to site matters in forums and mention you cant access profile and someone from hq will pick it up.

pompa Thu 16-Jun-11 11:29:20

Aw GoT, don't be a spoil sport, there I was charging up my camera. grin

Joan Thu 16-Jun-11 11:26:19

Farmgal asked:

"Why do so many grans not want to give a profile? I realise Grans net is in it's infancy so perhaps people are not sure of whether it will be a success or not."

I keep trying but it won't let me. It tells me to log on again, I do so, with the CORRECT email and password, and it says I've got it wrong. I go to faq and get my details emailed to me. Yes, I DID get the details right. I key it in again - still rejects me.

So I give up.

janthea Thu 16-Jun-11 11:13:37

farmgal Looking at the 'where are we' there didn't appear to be too many in my area (SW London). The TOG convention was very popular.

farmgal Thu 16-Jun-11 09:07:52

Gransnetters do it multi-tasking!

farmgal Thu 16-Jun-11 09:06:00

Yes - but look what nude calendars did for the WI. Been done to death since of course. What about a slogan?

glassortwo Wed 15-Jun-11 19:16:55

farmgal as long as it does not include nude calendars like the WI grin

farmgal Wed 15-Jun-11 18:52:09

Janthea. I found the 'where are we' thread quite interesting. Loads of grans saying where they lived, but most had no profiles. Why do so many grans not want to give a profile? I realise Grans net is in it's infancy so perhaps people are not sure of whether it will be a success or not.
What sort of social events could there be? Perhaps there could be a Gransnet convention. Think terry Wogan and his TOGS. Think W.I. and all they get up to. How do gransnetters see the future development?

janthea Wed 15-Jun-11 11:02:12

Being fairly new to blogging, I was wondering whether bloggers ever meet in 'real life'. Are social events organised?