Gransnet forums

Chat

Nancy Dell'olio

(10 Posts)
jinglej Mon 10-Oct-11 15:05:35

The clip they showed yesterday was a bit funny.

Apparently on Saturday, I said to DD, "Oh she's good, isn't she" and DD thought, "Err, no! she isn't", but was too kind to say it out loud!

I have got no taste! grin

dorsetpennt Mon 10-Oct-11 14:32:59

Oh susiecb I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was funny -I also had tears streaming down my face, it was like watching some galumping great girl dance. They made it to the next round[!] but I think that was due to Anton Du Bek not her as he is a bit of a character. Sorry jinglej I'm not a fan and if you are going to constantly put yourself in the public eye you have to have a thick skin.

susiecb Mon 10-Oct-11 13:01:24

Well Nancy was featured in the telgraph magazine some weeks ago where she went on and on about how fabulous she was and that everybody thought so! so i was quite pleased to see that ' pride does indeed come before a fall'. is that schadenfreude? never quite sure what that means.

shysal Mon 10-Oct-11 08:49:50

I did not know much about her before, apart from the Sven thing, so was surprised to find that,as you say jinglej she is not a bad person. I should not be so quick to judge on scant info.

jinglej Sun 09-Oct-11 21:09:52

Doesn't sound like she's too bad a person in her normal life. www.accademiapulia.org/en/members/nancy-dellolio---lawyer-172.html

jinglej Sun 09-Oct-11 20:59:12

That awful Curry woman was first out. grin

em Sun 09-Oct-11 19:00:44

Several old proverbs come to mind - mainly 'Pride comes before a fall'. Her claim to fame is sleeping with famous men - big deal. She now has to prove herself and so far has totally failed. Hope she is first out.

shysal Sun 09-Oct-11 18:29:12

I did not find it particularly funny, but think she takes herself a bit too seriously, and cannot take to her. I am ashamed to say I was pleased to see her taken down a peg or two last week when she got tangled in her boa, she had been a bit too confident.

jinglej Sun 09-Oct-11 11:53:23

shock

I thought she was good!

Meanie. hmm

susiecb Sun 09-Oct-11 11:44:40

If you havent seen it and/or aren't a Strictly fan do please look at Nancy's performance on i-player - its the funniest thing I have tears rolling down my face and it takes a lot to get me in that statesmile