Gransnet forums

Chat

Birthday Present Ideas for Mom

(19 Posts)
walterjosan Mon 26-Mar-12 10:31:00

I am very much affectionate to my mother. She is going to stepping into her 40th birthday next week. Could you please provide some attachment links about what type of presentation will better giving her?Thanks in advance.

fathers day presents
wedding present ideas

Sbagran Mon 26-Mar-12 22:33:37

Hello walterjosan - what a lovely person you are, looking for ideas for your mother's 40th birthday!
Can you tell us a little more about your mother and about you? I am sure that we will be able to give you some great ideas.
It would help if we knew a little more ......
It seems that English may not be your first language?
Are you living in England?
Do you live close to your mother?
I feel that you want to do something very special for your mother - I am thinking of perhaps a special day out either to a place of interest or where she can be pampered? A lot will depend on where you both live.
Give us a bit more information and we will come up with some ideas! smile

grannyactivist Mon 26-Mar-12 22:47:46

It seems that in spite of my best efforts to think well of all and sundry I do in fact have a suspicious mind. So I googled walter josan and came across an article, written by someone of the same name which ends with this;

Welcome to Eternity Prints, here we proudly presents you a huge collection of presentations for all your occasions like mothers day presents, fathers day presents, birthday present ideas and presents for mum. For further details please visit our website.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

Anagram Mon 26-Mar-12 22:58:56

An identical post to the above was also put up here, but the 'fathers day presents' and 'wedding present ideas' had links in their places - to Eternity Prints! Seems like that post was a mistake...

Sbagran Mon 26-Mar-12 23:05:27

Seems that this should be investigated?
I know that there is a way of reporting suspected 'naughty' people to the Tech people but I don't know how it is done?
Does anyone know? - and if so could someone report it please?
On first reading I believed it was a loving son (?) wanting ideas but the more I read it the more suspicious I feel!

Jacey Mon 26-Mar-12 23:13:42

Sbagran if you look at the pink/purple bar that your name is in when you post a message ...it has the 'report' icon ...click on it and follow the instructions

Anagram Mon 26-Mar-12 23:20:00

Sbagran, don't worry about this - sometimes it's hard to distinguish between genuine and dodgy posts! You gave a generous reply, which is to your credit. smile

bagitha Tue 27-Mar-12 06:19:29

He forgot the link on this one advertising whatever it was. The other post was deleted because he put the link in. Chancer.

Carol Tue 27-Mar-12 07:15:10

Your reply was perfect sbagran because it didn't feed into the advert we weren't aware of at the time.

wotsamashedupjingl Tue 27-Mar-12 09:48:08

I suppose they have to take each post at face value. The post without the links was a perfectly valid one in itself, and made for a useful thread.

Their product does look very nice! I thought it would be somewhere exotic, but they are in Bexhill-on-sea! grin

gracesmum Tue 27-Mar-12 10:26:20

Another cynic like me , ga - I reported it as looking dodgy, but as there were no links, he got the benefit of the doubt. Charming fractured English smile

glammanana Tue 27-Mar-12 10:58:42

gracesmum same thoughts here,fractured English got the interest .

wotsamashedupjingl Tue 27-Mar-12 14:14:46

Do you think it was these people? I'm not advertising them

Sounds like a lovely idea!

Elegran Tue 27-Mar-12 14:36:44

I suppose you could say that they had no need to put a link, as more than one replier has mentioned E***** P*** as the possible reason for this message. Object accomplished without getting deleted!

wotsamashedupjingl Tue 27-Mar-12 15:14:56

grin (sorry)

wotsamashedupjingl Tue 27-Mar-12 15:15:45

It does sound nice though!

Sbagran Tue 27-Mar-12 16:39:31

Thanks for your kind comments Jacey Anagram and Carol as I did feel a bit of a wally blush and like I said, the more I looked at it (after I had responded!) the more iffy it looked - anyway as others have said it was a crafty move using the broken English!
Thanks Jacey also for pointing out how to report! So obvious isn't it - I should have gone to Sightrectifying-preservers! - I'm not advertising!!! grin

Libradi Wed 28-Mar-12 09:09:14

I wouldn't have been suspicious at first glance either Sbagran smile

GoldenGran Wed 28-Mar-12 09:46:55

I read it and at first like yousbagran thought it was genuine and nearly replied, but the word mom did alert me and make me suspicious. You are not a wally, it is sometimes difficult to tell whether it is genuine or not.sunshine