Gransnet forums

Chat

Elegran

(88 Posts)
glassortwo Sat 21-Apr-12 20:36:20

If anyone would like to show their respect for Elegran it is planned at the funeral to have a collection plate for St Columba's Hospice Edinburgh who have been very supportive during her husbands illness.

The Hospice are at the moment are carrying out urgent rebuilding to upgrade and modernise the Hospice.

This is the link if anyone would like to donate online
www.stcolumbashospicefundraising.org.uk/get-involved/donate-form-43.aspx

This is the postal address.
St Columba's Hospice, Challenger Lodge, 15 Boswall Road, Edinburgh EH5 3RW
Telephone: 0131 551 1381 Fax: 0131 551 2771

If anyone would prefer to make or compose something for Elegran to go into a file as we did for Gally please post and let me know.

glassortwo Fri 04-May-12 22:53:43

elegran you will be entertained for a while going through all the threads, hope you sleep well. smile

Elegran Fri 04-May-12 22:41:13

Nanachrissy I think I have caught up on my sleep now, and tonight I am going to bed without the safety net of a sleeping tablet. I am relaxed and happy after a nice evening with DS and his SO so should sleep all right. Forgot to leave a light on when I went out so the house was dark when I returned, but that was OK, the warmth of the evening was still around me. Made a cup of hot choc and sat down to look at Gransnet.

There was a second message on the answerphone from someone who rang while I was out yesterday - when I returned that call she was out, and tonight I was out when she rang a second time. Hope we don't miss each other again tomorrow.

Ariadne Fri 04-May-12 15:54:46

soop only finished my contribution yesterday....

nanachrissy Fri 04-May-12 15:40:59

Elegran, how are you? Have the sleeping tablets helped you to catch up on some rest? I do hope so smile xx

soop Fri 04-May-12 12:55:53

I should have typed glass but fingers went on a walkabout wink

glassortwo Fri 04-May-12 12:52:02

smile

soop Fri 04-May-12 12:50:14

galss You, my dear, are special smile

glassortwo Fri 04-May-12 12:42:56

Ahh soop dont start me off again smile

soop Fri 04-May-12 12:33:30

glass Am about to dip the brush into the water...I've found the subject. Thanks for all your help. You're one of the good gals! smile

glassortwo Fri 04-May-12 09:28:06

I am in the final stages of collating the items for Elegran, if anyone has anything to be included could you please PM me so I am aware and I will hold back until I receive the piece. sunshine

soop dont worry I know you are waiting to find out what Elegran would like you to paintsmile

Mel Sun 29-Apr-12 14:38:21

My dog loves the rain and has just run across the fields and back and is looking very yellow and is very smelly..we seem to be surrounded by oilseed rape this year, not nice!

soop Sun 29-Apr-12 12:41:24

when grin

whenim64 Sun 29-Apr-12 12:02:36

My dog took one look at the pouring rain, had a wee and turned round! She's asleep in her basket now and rouses every now and again to check whether I'm standing over her with her lead. What a wuss!

yogagran Sun 29-Apr-12 11:49:56

There'll be lots of muddy paws with this amount of rain we're getting at the moment. Smelly dog towels - ugh [screwed up nose emoticom]. Our dog seems to love the rain and keeps asking to go out for more!

Elegran Sun 29-Apr-12 08:08:27

Yes, Ariadne it was a peaceful night. I am taking sleeping pills for a few nights to retune my sleeping patterns, which have become geared to early rising and waking at the drop of a feather. I don't want to go on too long with them though.

Spotty dog Cara is a great silent comfort. She is a Dalmatian with an impressive pedigree (I think grandfather did well at Crufts) but she seems happy to hobnob with us mere mortals. When she passes our gate on her way back from a walk in the woods, she often turns in at the gate and waits at the front door. Hearing footsteps in the hall, she instantly sets off round the side of the house to the back door, knowing that muddy paws will not be welcome.

glassortwo Sat 28-Apr-12 23:09:22

Goodnight ariadne sleep well.

Ariadne Sat 28-Apr-12 23:06:07

Good night, my lovely ladies. elegran a peaceful night to you. Xx

glassortwo Sat 28-Apr-12 22:48:52

elegran catch you tomorrow sunshine

glassortwo Sat 28-Apr-12 22:39:28

jeni I only seem to see you to say goodnight smile are you just taking your toe to bed grin

jeni Sat 28-Apr-12 22:33:23

I'm exhausted. My dgd is visiting! I've spent about 4hours cooking the curry. Which they have allloved and eaten !
I'm too tired to eat and my ankle is so painful, can hardly weight bear enough
Toe to bed!
It was still worth it to see them!smile
Goodnight allsmile

whenim64 Sat 28-Apr-12 18:55:24

My basset hound, Nell, really tunes in to how I'm feeling and seems to know when to come and sit by me. I can sometimes look up and see her weighing me up, as though she's looking deep into my mind - or it might just be a form of hypnotism to get me to give her a treat!! Nevertheless, dogs really do know how to bring comfort just when we need it. Hope today has been a companiable one Elegran smile

glammanana Sat 28-Apr-12 17:57:17

Elegran Take things slowly and take care of yourself how lovely to have a nice doggy pal come to visit with your brother they are the best visitors you can have I think,Barney the JR has been to the beach with me this pm and he has been chasing seagulls but when one stood its ground and refused to fly off Barney came scampering back with his little tail between his legs,such a coward of a little man he is.flowers for you.

soop Sat 28-Apr-12 17:46:57

Elegran Animals can be very sensitive. Some, moreso than people.

Our feral cat has been basking in the sunshine. Paying not the slightest attention to a robin and blackbird who have been cheekily picking away at his plate of biscuits no more than a paw's length away grin

nanachrissy Sat 28-Apr-12 17:44:21

Elegran sunshine

Elegran Sat 28-Apr-12 17:43:24

Spotty dog's real name is Cara.