Gransnet forums

Chat

That's the *Gn* I know and love.

(94 Posts)
kittylester Tue 24-Apr-12 10:22:05

How good it was to come to Gn this morning to see all the nice, kind, thoughtful threads coming to the fore. I tried to put this on that other thread but obviously didn't say it clearly enough!

So, thank you Gransnetters for all the support on the threads started by Granbunny, nightowl (to name but 2) recently and others in the past, for the daft threads, for the fashion advice, for the recipes, for the political argument, to the pedants and to everyone who has bothered to help me when I have asked. flowers wine brew cupcake sunshine

soop Thu 26-Apr-12 10:52:32

jeni Dischuffed is a winner! grin

Annobel Wed 25-Apr-12 22:03:20

Thanks ladies! I've been catching up and Butter, all I can say is that it's probably just as well that I have been away! Nuff said? (((((Hugs)))) all round, sweetness and light restored.

Ariadne Wed 25-Apr-12 21:37:46

Hi there! Glad you had a good time, Annobel and glad you're back. x

greenmossgiel Wed 25-Apr-12 21:20:14

Nice to see you back again, Annobel. And a warm, sisterly hug to you all. smileflowers

jeni Wed 25-Apr-12 20:37:50

kitty so am I. I'm up in about 10mins as well. Goodnight all!

kittylester Wed 25-Apr-12 20:21:26

Really tired tonight having spent the day with 2 grandchildren but just want to say flowers and ((((hugs)))) to everyone. I'm off for a really large wine or winewine or possibly even winewinewine.

Annobel Wed 25-Apr-12 20:16:49

Butter - what did I miss? Sounds serious!

Butternut Wed 25-Apr-12 18:44:09

grin *jeni - love the dischuffed word!

jeni Wed 25-Apr-12 18:30:37

That's my job. I sit as the medical member on DLA/AA and ESA tribunals!
I'm fine! Just very dischuffed with the weather!

soop Wed 25-Apr-12 18:22:18

Annobel It's good to have you home again. The Kintyre wind is chilly...a north easterly I think.
jeni A tribunal? Sounds serious. Hope all is well with you smile

Bags Wed 25-Apr-12 18:21:38

butty, grin

Welcome back, anno. 'Bags' is now official, as you see!

Butternut Wed 25-Apr-12 18:17:14

Annobel - I think there was a bit of a hail storm on GN, too! grin

Grannylin Wed 25-Apr-12 18:08:34

Welcome back Annobel. We missed you but you didn't miss much grin

Annobel Wed 25-Apr-12 17:56:35

As mentioned in another thread: hail storm in Montmartre - anything but romantic!

jeni Wed 25-Apr-12 17:52:42

Me! I'm ok, just hate this weather! Wouldn't mind it so much in Montmartre, but stuck in a tribunal in Bristol-----?

GoldenGran Wed 25-Apr-12 17:52:11

Welcome home Annobel Sorry about horrid weather.

Annobel Wed 25-Apr-12 17:48:57

Hello, soop and jeni, and everyone else who is a bit blue today.flowers flowers It's lovely to be back with all my caring friends again after my French break. Not so lovely to be back in this horrid weather- just like Paris, as it happens! We were soaked in Montmartre on Sunday and more soaked in Fontainebleau on Monday! Spent a lot of yesterday in Batobus avoiding the rain! Got sister with me so must make an effort to stir myself and dig some food out of the freezer - if there is any... wink

Gally Wed 25-Apr-12 17:32:29

soop flowers

soop Wed 25-Apr-12 16:57:26

Hello again smile
Have had the obligatory snooze. GP calling in on way home. Just to check that the brand new massive bruising [as of visit to dentist earlier today] is okay. Could be time to stop the anti-coagulants. Feels okay...just looks a whole lot angry.
Golden sorry to hear news of your step-mother's admission to hospital. Please keep us updated. See if you can catch Pointless on BBC1 at 5.15.
jeni I feel sad for you. and yes, the name of this thread couldn't be more appropriate. A huge hug to kittylester for her opening message.
In a world that is rife with strife, this our welcoming getawayfromitall. grin

GoldenGran Wed 25-Apr-12 15:48:26

soop you are one of the dearest and talented people on here. Sorry I haven't caught up with this before but I have been involved in the sudden hospitalisation of my step-mother. Men are not the best at communication, it sometimes takes time.((hugs))
jeni flowers
Pps I agree with the title of this thread

yogagran Wed 25-Apr-12 15:38:11

jeni sad

jeni Wed 25-Apr-12 14:37:06

My son who is bipolar never rings. I haven't seen him for 3yrs! I gather he's ok from hid Facebook entries, the very odd phone call and his sister.

glassortwo Wed 25-Apr-12 14:27:36

soop men are the worst for making contact unless they need something, I think my son has lost my number wink

grannyactivist Wed 25-Apr-12 14:10:19

Hello soop. So glad that you had a reassuring phone call from your daughter-in-law and can see some light ahead. sunshine Males in general are not great at making contact at the right time and I expect your son would be mortified if he realised how hurt you've felt.

yogagran Wed 25-Apr-12 14:05:25

soop take care and find time for yourself too flowers