Gransnet forums

Chat

Claiming back cost of residential care before deadine of 31st September - help please?

(5 Posts)
glammanana Fri 03-Aug-12 11:04:50

I would also make sure that you have all the relivant documents and health information you require at hand so that your claim if taken on by Age Uk can be processed straight away so that the deadline on the date is not over run,are you in a position to rent out the apartment so you get at least some income back from it.?

Annobel Thu 02-Aug-12 19:54:32

Yes, CAB by all means, but equally, or even better, AgeUK (used to be Age Concern) who are usually spot on in matters of residential care. It all hinges on whether your mother was receiving nursing care (paid for by NHS) or personal care and there is a huge grey area. Best to get a face-to-face appointment rather than rely on advice on forums.

Ariadne Wed 01-Aug-12 21:40:48

Agree, Elegran !

Elegran Wed 01-Aug-12 14:23:37

Chrisseward Small point - this is not an Age Concern forum. Are you copying your post to other forums to get more opinions? Changing that reference would have been a good idea. The same applies to your other thread on the same subject.

I would say your Citizens Advice Bureau would be a good place to go for help. This sounds quite a complicated problem.

chrisseward Wed 01-Aug-12 10:45:56

Hello - I am really new to Age Concern forums and need desperately help on this subject please - as I am about to try and claim back over £40000 that my late Mother paid for her care from the Primary Care Turst and there is a deadline of 31st September 2012 which has been kept very quiet!

She was diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease over 10 years ago, and was in residential care from January 2011 until her death in March 2012 and used ALL of her savings for her own care.
Also have a deferred loan of in excess of £20000 (accruing at 8%!) outstanding on a legal charge to Hampshire County Council on her flat that we had to take out to pay bills when she ran out of money!
Flat is Mccarthy and Stone (Peverel) and have reduced price from £155,ooo to £80,000 and STILL cant sell due to excessive management charges.

Anyone been successful in claiming fees back - without using rip off solicitors please?