Gransnet forums

Chat

Mischief in a bookshop or library

(9 Posts)
vampirequeen Sat 06-Oct-12 09:09:06

I moved a sex manual into the hobbies and pastimes section. Well it seemed more interesting than knitting or quilting smile

Grannyknot Sat 06-Oct-12 08:39:13

absent I like! When I worked in an esoteric bookshop years ago, people would often deface some of the books e.g. on Wicca with black marker pen, cross out the titles or scrawl something across the covers usually something about it being evil or similar. Would be quite fun to try and spot them amongst the usual customers. Between them and the shoplifters, kept me on my toes.

absentgrana Sat 06-Oct-12 08:31:54

When Tony Blair's autobiography (The Journey?)was first published, quite a lot of people moved it into the fiction section of bookshops.

jeni Sat 06-Oct-12 08:22:55

grin

Bags Sat 06-Oct-12 08:15:46

Come along, dear, let's go and knit a baby grin

jeni Sat 06-Oct-12 08:13:52

I was bemused when looking through our local library for a craft book, to find 'the art of fatherhood ' amongst the knitting books? confused

Bags Sat 06-Oct-12 08:02:50

Just think of the funnyou can have next time you visit a bookshop or library, G! wink

Greatnan Sat 06-Oct-12 07:53:08

I have never thought of that......till now! grin
To be fair, though, you would have to remove the texts of all the other religions as well. Perhaps it would be easier just to change the labels on the shelves?

Bags Sat 06-Oct-12 07:48:49

Something on Twitter has provoked this thread. Before anyone goes ballistic, it's meant to be funny, though some people might not find it so.

So....

Who else has ever moved a bible or another book of religious stories and myths out of a 'factual' category in a bookshop or library and into the fiction section?