Gransnet forums

Chat

What has your experience of the care system been?

(1 Post)
SCIE Wed 02-Jan-13 13:44:32

Hi there,

I am working with the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) and we’re looking for people who can talk about their experience navigating the care system.

We recently launched 'Find Me Good Care’, which is a service to help people navigate the care system. We are now on the lookout for stories from people who have had a difficultly working their way through the care system to find the right kind of care and are willing to talk about their experience. What was it that finally made the difference in finding the right care? Or perhaps someone has used Find Me Good Care and can talk about how it has helped them?

We want to hear from you if you have recently struggled to find the right kind of care and support for yourself, a relative or a friend. The need for care and support could be due to disability, older age, a temporary illness or accident, a mental health problem or a child who needs care and support turning 18 and transitioning through to adult services.

Please email [email protected] if you are willing to talk to us about your experiences – and we will come back to you if you need any further information.

Best wishes,
Rachel