Gransnet forums

Chat

Bath.......or shower??

(39 Posts)
Butty Thu 10-Jan-13 17:19:42

Do you like a good soak, or a waterfall .............or both?

I'm a shower fan and only climb in the bath a few times a year. It's just so damned difficult to get out of.

Husband is a bath chap.

Faye Fri 11-Jan-13 00:40:05

I agree Rosiebee I prefer to read a book while I am comfortable in my bed. I am a shower person. The last bath I had was when I lived in the UK and that was only because there was no shower.

Nanado Thu 10-Jan-13 23:50:44

I used to love reading in the bath....but that's one disadvantage of having a Kindle sad

Rosiebee Thu 10-Jan-13 23:49:10

Never managed that 'reading in the bath' thing. Ended up with cold shoulders if I sat upright or a wet book if I lay down with a neck pillow. Is there a knack to it? I can't quite see the point of reading in the bath. What am I missing? I'd rather take the book to bed and snuggle down to read.
confused

Nanado Thu 10-Jan-13 23:32:04

Mornings shower. Evenings bath. Simples.

gillybob Thu 10-Jan-13 22:42:31

I am certainly with you on that one Cheelu I tend to shower on a morning for work and have an occasional bath on an evening to relax. There seems to be something about me and baths as every time I sink under the bubbles someone desperately needs to talk to me ! I remember when my daughter was still at home there could be quite a meeting going on in the bathroom, with me sitting beneath the bubbles!

tanith Thu 10-Jan-13 22:10:45

Shower for me , can't remember the last time I got in the bath, we're thinking of taking out the bath and having a walkin shower installed... I don't think I could get out of a bath the way my hips and knees are .. but I never really liked to bath anyway, someone always came knocking lol

Ella46 Thu 10-Jan-13 22:05:51

Shower for me, only get in the bath when I feel cold to my bones, which hardly ever happens now due to the breakdown of my personal thermostat!

cheelu Thu 10-Jan-13 21:48:53

Shower to get clean,,bath to relax...

baubles Thu 10-Jan-13 21:38:29

Shower for morning, get in, get out, get to work. Lovely oily bath for evening, music & candles or cuppa and a book. Hot water followed by warm towels, usually only fit for my bed by then. That's tomorrow evening sorted smile

Ana Thu 10-Jan-13 21:24:40

Shower for me. I can't see the attraction of reading in the bath, I just like to get clean and get out!

Marelli Thu 10-Jan-13 21:02:02

Haven't got a shower, and I just love my bath! I take a cuppa with me, and my book.I can lie for ages, just reading another few pages....and another few pages...aah!! Bliss! I also like it because I can shut myself completely away in there. smile

Ariadne Thu 10-Jan-13 20:58:15

Ilove hot baths! And the new one is a quite low corner bath, easy to get in and out of. But I can't do bubbles, because whatever make, they make me itch you know where. So I put a few drops of lavender oil in, or sometimes neroli, and relax. The bathroom is mine, (unless we have visitors) as DH prefers a shower. And I don't like the shower in this en suite anyway, although the actual room has a nice bidet. "Oooh, Nannie, you've got a little bath!"

Deedaa Thu 10-Jan-13 20:49:40

Love long luxurious baths but it's sooo difficult to get out with a combination of new knees and a frozen shoulder so I normally have showers. Do agree with phoenix about the bathrobe warming. It's been wonderful since we installed a heated towel rail and I can hang my bathrobe over it smile

grannyactivist Thu 10-Jan-13 20:32:53

Shower for me. Don't think I had a single bath last year. The menfolk use the other bathrooms, but the shower (en suite) is MINE and only mine! grin

mrshat Thu 10-Jan-13 20:26:50

Shower! Had bathroom redone last year and got rid of the bath. Both DH and I had trouble getting in and more importantly out! So had an extra large shower put in - simples grin

glassortwo Thu 10-Jan-13 20:03:25

Shower every time cant remember the last bath I had.

Anne58 Thu 10-Jan-13 19:51:25

Both, hate baths with bubbles in, they seem to get cold rather quickly. Baths should be taken with a drink to hand, a book and with ones bathrobe warming ready for when it's getting out time.

Showers are purely for functional ablutions, after all you can't read a book in the shower.

When Mr P first moved in with me (well, to be strictly accurate I invited him to dinner and he never really left) I was renting a little place that happened to have a lovely bathroom with a big bath. We often would bath together with candles lit and a glass of something restorative to hand.

Happy days!

Grannylin Thu 10-Jan-13 19:38:27

Love soaking in bubbly baths but I always, always fall asleep shock

j07 Thu 10-Jan-13 18:56:14

If I haven't got it by now Nelliemoser, don't reckon I'll care much if I do. [shrug]

Oldgreymare Thu 10-Jan-13 18:55:18

I'm with Gally on this one. Showers for speed, baths (candlelit and with oils) for spoiling oneself!

harrigran Thu 10-Jan-13 18:38:56

Shower, because mine is very large with a big head, I haven't had a bath since I rebuilt the bathrooms last year. I do have trouble getting out of a bath, have to let the water out first and then turn over on to knees and pull myself up blush

Gally Thu 10-Jan-13 18:22:32

Me too Kitty grin

kittylester Thu 10-Jan-13 18:09:42

I'm quite wrinkly anyway Gally smile

Gally Thu 10-Jan-13 18:08:06

Both. Showers for everyday and hair washing and baths for a luxurious soak, to warm-up and for seeing to the feet which you can't do in a shower or you fall over grin. Can't stay too long in a bath as I get too hot and wrinkly.

numberplease Thu 10-Jan-13 18:01:30

I hate showers, but also unable to get in and out of the bath these days, so use daughter`s bathlift seat, but that doesn`t allow for lying down, and I do so miss my lovely baths. It`s also bloomin` cold in this weather, cos it doesn`t get me right under the water, and takes ages to go up when I want to get out!